Unable to view camera remotely

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
After power outrage. I am unable to view to camera. The power and the camera are on now but still I can not view it from outside home. The camera is configured to use DNS. Please help.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess you have your cameras configured to dhcp so now your cameras have rebooted they now have a new internal ip address which isn't port forwarded to the new IP address like your old ip address was. Check your router to see if the cameras have a new address and adjust your port forwarding accordingly.

Also look at getting rid of port forwarding and setup a vpn solution.

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply back. I am not sure about port forwarded to the new ip address. Yes the router has new wan ip address and I also see DNS address in the router.
Please how can I setup a vpn solution
Thanking you in advance.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply back. I am not sure about port forwarded to the new ip address. Yes the router has new wan ip address and I also see DNS address in the router.
Please how can I setup a vpn solution
Thanking you in advance.
Make your life easy. Buy an ASUS router and setup openvpn

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am not using VPN. I checked the my router and using DNS

HostnameUsernameServiceInterfaceRemove
red1cam.dyndns.org dyndnsppp0.1

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a new WAN IP address then you need a DDNS soultion so when your ISP changes your external IP address your system keeps track of the new IP address and changes accordingly.

Read VPN Primer for Noobs for information about VPN setup,

DDNS explanation Need to Get to Your Computer Remotely? Use a DDNS Service
where in this thread does it show you how to setup a VPN?

soo many posts so I am looking for the exact step by step of VPN setup.

Go with ASUS - much easier:

Last edited:

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The camera is installed in morocco. I live in Canada. I am here in morocco just for one week. The tech that did the configuration is no longer in morocco. I not a technical person but I am trying to learn.
My router is Tenda Model D305
Camera is hikvision DS-7200 Series - Turbo HD DVR
Please how can I get DDNS service
Is it easy to configure it
How can I setup VPN
I can access the camera from my computer here in morocco but I am not sure if I can access from Canada. I am not sure if I can access my WAN IP address from canada
Can I buy ASUS router from Canada
I read your documentation well done but I not sure about the section: Mail the ovpn file to your phone. On your phone, open the email, find the file and select it.
How can I find out that my router has a built in VPN Server

Last edited:

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a link to your router manual... D305 User Guide-Tenda-All For Better NetWorking from there search for DDNS and follow the instruction about how to config DDNS (You can use Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP to create a free DDNS account to use in your config)
Doing the above is only part to getting you there.. You still need a vpn server on your network.

As for your router it doesn't support a VPN server so you will need to either change your router for one that supports it or run a VPN server on a dedicated PC / server or install a 3rd party device with the software on like a Raspberry Pi for example.
If you can't install a VPN server you may need to look at port forwarding your cameras (not recommended personally) as I'm not sure you will be able to achieve the above with your technically knowledge

Port forwarding info How to Forward Ports on Your Router Again not recommended as you are exposing your cameras to the internet which in tern is a risk they could access your network via the camera.
But without somebody else with tech knowledge, not sure if you can do the above.

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know any router that support VPN?.
I am very skeptical I am not sure if it is easy to do the configuration
Thanks

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
RT-AC53 | Networking | ASUS Global for example but search their product page for one you like and can afford and look at their features. It usually states VPN server on the page somewhere.

View attachment 49491
Thank you so much. I will be leaving morocco next Monday. Once back to Toronto I will search for router and I will do alot of reading how to setup a camera. Once back to morocco I will try to configure it. I will keep in touch with you. Right now what I did I scan the QR code and I can see the camera on my phone. Only my phone can view the camera. The other members of my family can not.

Last edited:

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
I am going to try to get Noip. I reviewed the documentation for port forwarding and Tenda D305 is not listed as router. How can I do the port forwarding
Please help me I have only one day to try to figure out the camera

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I am going to try to get Noip. I reviewed the documentation for port forwarding and Tenda D305 is not listed as router. How can I do the port forwarding
Please help me I have only one day to try to figure out the camera
Also install teamviewer on that pc so can access from afar

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what I have. My screenshot from Tenda. I deleted my ip address from screenshot
NAT -- Virtual Servers Setup

Virtual Server allows you to direct incoming traffic from WAN side (identified by Protocol and External port) to the Internal server with private IP address on the LAN side. The Internal port is required only if the external port needs to be converted to a different port number used by the server on the LAN side. A maximum 32 entries can be configured.

Server NameExternal Port StartExternal Port EndProtocolInternal Port StartInternal Port EndServer IP AddressWAN InterfaceRemove
CAM80008000TCP/UDP80008000 ppp0.1
WhatsApp (1572056872) ()4901149011UDP4901149011 ppp0.1
DIRECT_REVERSE_SERVER3400134001TCP4573945739 ppp0.1

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what I have. My screenshot from Tenda. I deleted my ip address from screenshot
NAT -- Virtual Servers Setup

Virtual Server allows you to direct incoming traffic from WAN side (identified by Protocol and External port) to the Internal server with private IP address on the LAN side. The Internal port is required only if the external port needs to be converted to a different port number used by the server on the LAN side. A maximum 32 entries can be configured.

Server NameExternal Port StartExternal Port EndProtocolInternal Port StartInternal Port EndServer IP AddressWAN InterfaceRemove
CAM80008000TCP/UDP80008000ppp0.1
WhatsApp (1572056872) ()4901149011UDP4901149011ppp0.1
DIRECT_REVERSE_SERVER3400134001TCP4573945739ppp0.1
Are you using blue iris to monitor cameras

Naima

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure. The guy did my configuration no longer in morocco. How can I find out if I am using blue iris
Thanking you very much for your time