Understanding multiple schedules

Darkeligos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi IPCT. I'm a new user of BI and have had good luck setting up a camera environment so far. I have however been more curious with making web requests to the server so that I can mess with different functions.

Currently I'm a little confused on the purpose of multiple global schedules. Currently I can draw whichever profile I need using one schedule, what is the need for a second schedule if I am not able to select and 'enable' it individually? From my understanding, having a second schedule declutters the schedule view, but doesn't provide any extra functionality.

The HTTP requests lets me choose the active profile, (which is very handy), but also gives the option to select the active schedule. I'd love the ability to choose schedules depending on events in my day-to-day life. Like days that I am sick from work, I'd like to set a schedule that doesn't require me to hold all profiles to 'inactive'.

Or days that we go on vacation, I'd like to set a schedule that enables motion detection for 24 hours.

Anyone know tricks that could achieve these functionalities, or can fill in my knowledge gaps?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi IPCT. I'm a new user of BI and have had good luck setting up a camera environment so far. I have however been more curious with making web requests to the server so that I can mess with different functions.

Currently I'm a little confused on the purpose of multiple global schedules. Currently I can draw whichever profile I need using one schedule, what is the need for a second schedule if I am not able to select and 'enable' it individually? From my understanding, having a second schedule declutters the schedule view, but doesn't provide any extra functionality.

The HTTP requests lets me choose the active profile, (which is very handy), but also gives the option to select the active schedule. I'd love the ability to choose schedules depending on events in my day-to-day life. Like days that I am sick from work, I'd like to set a schedule that doesn't require me to hold all profiles to 'inactive'.

Or days that we go on vacation, I'd like to set a schedule that enables motion detection for 24 hours.

Anyone know tricks that could achieve these functionalities, or can fill in my knowledge gaps?
There is almost never a need for multiple schedules..however it allows you to have multiple profile schedules...in your case you likely dont need it...simply setup a profile, call it home, and set accordingly....even when you are home, you would want the exterior cameras to record, inactive would not be a setting you want.