Understanding wizsense / wizmind

themaxxz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been researching the purchase of either a Dahua WizMind or WizSense camera, but I have a few questions for which I'm not immediately able to find answer for.

1) do these WizMind and WizSense camera's rely on a 'intelligent' NVR for any of their listed features in their datasheet / feature list?
e.g. if the datasheet/feature list of a camera mentions feature such as Intelligent detection, Abnormality detection, 'SMD Plus', are these features running on the camera itself and as such do not really rely on the NVR itself?

2) I understand that WizMind series has more 'ai' vs the WizSense series, but how do their sensors/low illuminance performance compares?
I am leaning towards the WizSense series, as I only need some of the basic AI stuff, and the camera will be able to benefit from street light illumination.

Thanks.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a comparison chart or doc detailing what the differences are between Wizmind and Wizsense? Are each only available on certain style cameras?
Is the AI built into the camera itself or does it work by sending snapshots up to some server to do the AI and back like some other cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are essentially marketing terms and somewhat interchangeable.

WizSense is geared towards the smaller installations (and usually cheaper cameras) and WizMind is geared towards businesses (usually more expensive cameras) - so things like people counting, loitering, etc. are important to them (although some of the 5442 series has those as well).

So you just look for the features you want and purchase the correct camera from what you are trying to accomplish.

The AI is built in the camera themselves. Most of us here run these cameras without being connected to the internet.

TundraCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would a WizMind camera have all of the capabilities of a WizSense camera? E.G., other than cost would there be a reason to get a WizSense instead of a WizMind?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It depends on what you are looking for. For basic human or motor vehicle AI detection yes. But there is some interchange of features within both names.

You simply have to look at the spec for what you are looking for and then get the camera that has that feature regardless of what is it marketed under. Keep in mind these are simply marketing terms.

Ollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

1. Will Wizmind camera's features can be obsearved/supported by an XVR which has the WIzSense tech (if connected to it)?
If, for example, I set a face detection/recognition in the camera - can I see this information/alerts in the XVR?

2, Can I use a camera which is not of a Wizsense type (but does has IVS like intrussion and Tripwire) with a WIzSense XVR?
Will I still get these alerts in the XVR?
If so, what will be the difference when using a camera which is denoted as WIzSense to one which isn't - considering these 2 features (Tripwire and Intrussion)?

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

1. Will Wizmind camera's features can be obsearved/supported by an XVR which has the WIzSense tech (if connected to it)?
If, for example, I set a face detection/recognition in the camera - can I see this information/alerts in the XVR?

2, Can I use a camera which is not of a Wizsense type (but does has IVS like intrussion and Tripwire) with a WIzSense XVR?
Will I still get these alerts in the XVR?
If so, what will be the difference when using a camera which is denoted as WIzSense to one which isn't - considering these 2 features (Tripwire and Intrussion)?

Thanks.
In general yes. Wizsense simply means a camera with AI capability. So if you have a Dahua camera that doesn't have AI but still has IVS tripwire and intrusion, it will trigger and alert based on meeting that camera IVS (which means anything will trigger it that meets the size requirements; whereas the AI cameras could further eliminate false triggers by using AI to determine if it is a human or big shadow going by).