Undetected TRENDnet IP310PI on LAN network

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I've one new IP Camera TRENDnet TV-IP310PI (I think that is the same as the Hikvision 2052)

I've connected this camera through a PoE injector (TPLINK) to my router (Netgear CG3100).

I've tried to install my camera using the CD-R software coming with the camera (camera and PC beeing both connected on the same router), but the utility canot find the IP camera on the local network...

When i go inside the router configuration page, I don't see the camera in the connected devices list... so this is not possible to access direclty the camera using it's IP adress!

The power supply of the camera seems to be OK (IR leds are automatically turned on in dark conditions)

I have also tried to make a factory-reset on the camera, without any success... :(

Any help ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When i go inside the router configuration page, I don't see the camera in the connected devices list...
On the assumption this isn't just the list of what DHCP has assigned, but is actually the full list of what's connected, then the camera is not active on your network.
Despite the behaviour of the IR LEDs when you darken the environment - it may be worth powering the camera directly via a 12v DC source to see if it behaves any better. And remove the cable from the equation by testing with a different one.
Does the link detect light on the router port come on when you power the camera, and does it flash at all for the 30secs or so after power on?

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, the list of connected devices can be the list of DHCP connected devices... It is not specified on the page with the list of connected devices...

When I connect the camera on the router, the LED doens't flash at all.

I have tried the camera with a friend's router having the same camera and the same PoE injector, but another router, and I can connect to the camera !

It seems that the router doesn't want to attribute an IP adress to the camera... I don't know why :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the LED doens't flash at all
But does the light come on at all? Presumably yes, if the camera and same cable and PoE injector work OK at the friends router.
The router would only assign an address from the DHCP pool if the camera requested it. If the camera is set to a fixed IP address, DHCP will not be used.

If the camera truly is a Hikvision model, if the camera is set to an IP address that's not part of your network, you may be able to find the camera using the very good Hikvision SADP tool. If so, you can assign the camera IP address to one on your network.

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, the light doesn't become ON at all.

But I have the same when I connect one computer for example. During the first ~10sec, the led is fixed OFF, and when the router has successfully given an IP adress to the computer, at this time, the LED becomes ON (flashing proportional to the data transfer)...

Maybe as you said, the camera IP is outside my DHCP network (192.168.0.1 -> 192.168.0.27)

I will try using SADP tool, but I hope that this tool is better than the TRENDnet one... which doesn't see anything :(