Uniden NVR system

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed a Uniden UNVR85X8 system? It comes with 8 x 2MP bullet cameras (3.6mm). I'm helping installing it for someone but I'm getting weird issues with it. I used the 100 foot cables that came with it but once I plugged them in, some of the cameras seem to disconnect and reconnect every 1 or 2 minutes. The channel would say NO LINK and a minute later, the picture would come back.

I had already tried to default reset the NVR, reboot the NVR (soft and hard reboot), and reboot the individual cameras. It's happening on multiple channels out and they are not always the same channels.

I had a monitor stacked on top of the NVR, so I thought it was shorting out the motherboard or hard drive on the machine chassis but after taking it out, it's still doing it.

I'm guessing either the NVR, wire, or camera are having issues. I was going to update the firmware but I don't think Uniden has any updated firmware for this machine, as I've already checked their website for any download links.

I did notice on the PoE Ethernet ports in the back, they usually are rapidly blinking when the camera channels are showing video but when it cuts to NO LINK, the status lights are blinking really slow and once it goes back to showing the feed, it goes to steadily blinking again.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pull a camera down and bench test it with a short known to be good cable.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pull a camera down and bench test it with a short known to be good cable.
I was thinking of doing that, I'll probably have to do that and see if the system still does it. I was hoping someone else has experienced something like this.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could very well be the cheap cables that were provided.
Yeah, I might suspect it's crap wire. I'm going to have to pull down all the 8 cams, plug them in with 2ft patch cables and see if it does it. I hope it's not the cable but it's a possibility as well. I'm crossing my fingers :(

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Start by just pulling down a single camera