Unifi PTZ camera Custom HTTP?

Reaction score
We moving our cameras to a Blue Iris system, and we have a Unifi UVC-G4-PTZ camera we have got streaming over RTSP into the system. Blue Iris has a custom HTTP for controlling the Pan-tilt-zoom in the camera, but I cannot determine the correct commands to get the BI controller to pan the camera. It uses POST commands, but that is as far as I can get.

Here is what I have from the Page inspector for the Unifi Protect camera controller we are streaming from:

1674573083040.png

1674573098137.png

And here is what I am adding into BI (set to HTTPS):

1674573110237.png

The controller still won't move the camera, anyone else had any luck with using this?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried BI find/inspect?
Or have you tried setting the camera make/model manually in BI from the dropdown?

Reaction score
Have you tried BI find/inspect?
Or have you tried setting the camera make/model manually in BI from the dropdown?
I have, Unifi makes their new cameras so that they don't respond to BI Inspect. I am actually not getting a stream directly from the camera, but from the Unifi Cloud Key (which is the IP address I am using for RTSP). They make it so that their newer cameras no longer have standalone mode, but have to stream through a Unifi cloud key. However, since 4k PTZ cameras that are NDAA compliant are quite few in number we are really hoping we can reuse this one, even if we have to keep the cloud key live to get PTZ usable in BI. You can control the PTZ over the web console for the Cloud Key, so since BI has Custom HTTP as a control option for PTZ I was hoping I could figure out what exactly I need to put as the function commands over HTTP.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the past, the developer has been willing to add new PTZ profiles for cameras if you can provide him with working remote access to the camera. However Unifi Protect is designed to be a closed ecosystem without 3rd-party integrations, so it is probably not worth his time to reverse-engineer their authentication and other APIs. Particularly since they will likely change regularly.