UniFi WiFi AP - Switch Compatability?

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The general consensus is that the UniFi APs are perhaps the best performance for the money. However, after reading many reviews for the Ubiquiti Unifi Ap-AC Lite, which suits my needs, I ran across only one review, by a customer who reported that this model will not work with switches that have POE+ ports. That POE+ ports need to use the more expensive pro model. The manufactures web site does not offer any contact info so i'm asking if any of the readers here know this to be true?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is the 2nd gen UAP-AC-PRO that is both PoE and PoE+, its the round one.. and there is the first gen UAP-AC-PRO thats only PoE+ and its square, the 1st gen is a pre-standard access point and the 2nd gen is a post-standard access point.. unfortunately they share the same model# so im sure amazon reviews are covering both.

I have one of each, the first gen one sucks pretty hard.. and I dont think you can buy em anymore.. IIRC @ Idle they used more power than normal PoE; whereas the 2nd Gen one requires PoE+ for full power capabilities but will run off standard PoE at partial power..

2nd gen:

1st gen (Pre-AC Standard):

I have some information you'll like to know, but I have to continue this conversation in private..

Last edited by a moderator: