unique settings for night & day?

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to set the camera so that I have day and night settings?

I'd like to have it so that when the night mode triggers, the WDR changes values, the shutter changes etc etc

I think this would be very useful, but I'm afraid there is no such thing.. I figured I ask anyways because maybe I just can't figure it out

I'm on 5.1.0

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
im pretty sure Hik cameras have day/night profiles you can manually schedule.. keep exploring the cameras config.

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im pretty sure Hik cameras have day/night profiles you can manually schedule.. keep exploring the cameras config.
There is... but it's based on time. Wish it had one based on IR output

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ah yes, that would be nice.. (I presume you mean using the light sensor, not IR)

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah yes, that would be nice.. (I presume you mean using the light sensor, not IR)
either light sensor, or IR input of on/off (when IR light goes on, it switches to night mode)

but IR sensor is controlled by the light sensor, so both would work. the light sensor would even be better actually :)

it's one pet peeve I have about this device.... the IR light goes on way too soon (when there is more than enough sufficient light)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I agree, the UI needs an adjustment slider for sensitivity of light sensor and separate distinct profiles for when it has been triggered or not.. really needs the capability to tune this stuff because environments can vary so dramatically.

might drop Hikvision an email asking for such a feature request; its probably your best hope..