Unknown hidden synchronization of data on asus RT-AC68U router.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder if the webcamera which sometime use other port than "80" for checking - and can traffic on a port like "37777" slip through the asus without data beeing recorded i Traffic History? There should only be 3-4 ordinary ports available, but may be some hidden - who knows - except the Chinese.
? What are the MicroTrend stuff - in left colomn?
Testing now is hopeless because such high datause only happen very seldon.
there are 65535 ports that can be opened from inside the network on a standard network. Does the router monitor all ports?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
there are 65535 ports that can be opened from inside the network on a standard network. Does the router monitor all ports?
The router has to keep track of each session which contains all that info - it's the monitoring/reporting of that activity that would be key here.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The router has to keep track of each session which contains all that info - it's the monitoring/reporting of that activity that would be key here.
Ideally the router's traffic analyzer works. Some of their routers has issues reporting traffic correctly. But its not the first time this feature don't work in routers. That is why I would suggest a computer that has a traffic monitor like wire shark to monitor traffic.

Searching the internet, I saw this @ speedguide.net:

speedguideasus.JPG