Unlawful Dumping .... With a Twist.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mid-day on Monday the 21st, security cameras captured this woman dumping several bags of trash behind the fence of a nearby neighbor.

AlleyEntr.20220321_120746346.925.jpg

I managed to get captures of the vehicle and the license plate as well.

AlleyEntr.20220321_120903349.924.jpgAlleyEntr.20220321_120904339.923.jpg

You can see the video at this link to my OneDrive account -> 2022-03-21UnlawfulDumping.mp4

I posted the information on NextDoor and alerted the owner of the property who made an appropriate police report.

Overnight, in the middle of the night (3:40 AM), someone with a baby stroller came to remove the unlawfully dumped garbage, as seen in these screen grabs.

AlleyEntr.20220323_033807287.935.jpgAlleyEntr.20220323_034018101.936.jpg

That entire video is at this link -> AlleyEntr.20220323_034003_1.mp4

A couple of things noted is the 'figure' of the person seems to be pretty much the same. Note also that the person spent some time orienting themselves to be sure they were in the right place to find the dumped garbage. Seems pretty clear that the original dumper was alerted to the fact they were caught in the act so they came back to remove the evidence before the authorities could retrieve it. While I don't wish ill on anyone, it would be karma if some cretin from the neighborhood saw the post on NextDoor and decided to grab the dumper's garbage so they could thieve their identity, or something ... LOL.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And yet another twist. I just heard from the neighbor that they had peeked in the bags. Inside was new clothing still with tags on. It now seems the original person dumping the bags was a thief who arranged for subsequent pickup of the stolen clothing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh wow - that was what I was going to say - that is was a dump and pick up for later.

You must have a store close by with the jeans thief and this and they get just out of view and dump it.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not ok with the fact that theft is considered nothing these days. You'll get in more trouble doing 5 over the speed limit than stealing others property, which is crazy because thieves are creating a hostile encounter and there's no telling what their reaction to confrontation of their misdeeds will be. Our society treats theft like "reparations" or some such nonsense when the thieves are just blowing the cash on drugs.

That's not to say I endorse a big overreaction to theft involving violence or something, but the worst 1% of people cause the 95% of suffering, and it's got to stop.

Last edited:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm not ok with the fact that theft is considered nothing these days. You'll get in more trouble doing 5 over the speed limit than stealing others property, which is crazy because thieves are creating a hostile encounter and there's no telling what their reaction to confrontation of their misdeeds will be. Our society treats theft like "reparations" or some such nonsense when the thieves are just blowing the cash on drugs.

That's not to say I endorse a big overreaction to theft involving violence or something, but the worst 1% of people cause the 95% of suffering, and it's got to stop.

First. FJB.

Second, FJB some more.

Third, you're absolutely correct. Especially when you consider that 5 over (or really any speeding) doesn't create a victim - unlike theft. We have a two-tiered system of justice. It's infuriating.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Theft seems to be a common occurrence in that shopping center near you. :(
Absolutely correct. It's a combination of several factors, the main ones being the change in demographic over the past 50 years in this area, the erosion of the nearby mall over time, and now the lack of law enforcement to address property crimes.

The tags I saw from the clothing were from Ross, but the mall has Walmart and Target and numerous others, so it's a target rich opportunity for thieves.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Put out a sign ..

"Safe and Secure Dead Drops Guaranteed. Location is Monitored 24/7 by an Array of Surveillance Cameras. Ironically, All Dead Drop Participants in Violation of the Law will be Prosecuted to the Fullest Extent...Smile Dipshit"