Unsupported operation adding Camera in Blue Iris 5

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been digging to try and find a solution to this, but have not been successful.
I have a complete clean install of Windows 10 on a 4th Gen i7 4770 with 16GB RAM.
I have made a completely clean install of Blue Iris 5 on the machine.
When adding Reolink RLC-520 camera's, I am getting "Unsupported operation" and not able to add or save anything.
It seems to go through to the camera properties and then get stuck on the PTZ page, even though these camera's do not support PTZ.
Even when unticking PTZ, I still get the same error.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to work around it?

THROW1

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been digging to try and find a solution to this, but have not been successful.
I have a complete clean install of Windows 10 on a 4th Gen i7 4770 with 16GB RAM.
I have made a completely clean install of Blue Iris 5 on the machine.
When adding Reolink RLC-520 camera's, I am getting "Unsupported operation" and not able to add or save anything.
It seems to go through to the camera properties and then get stuck on the PTZ page, even though these camera's do not support PTZ.
Even when unticking PTZ, I still get the same error.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to work around it?
Just got the same problem today as well with two different reolinks and an amcrest too. running windows7x64. at first i thought it might be a problem with windows media player being disabled, but i re-enabled it and i still have the same error pop-up that eventually lands on the PTZ tab like you mention.

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got the same problem today as well with two different reolinks and an amcrest too. running windows7x64. at first i thought it might be a problem with windows media player being disabled, but i re-enabled it and i still have the same error pop-up that eventually lands on the PTZ tab like you mention.
Glad I am not the only one. I was having trouble finding information, and still haven't. I am on a clean install of Windows 10, 64bit.
As a note, BI 4 works fine, no issues at all. Seems to only be BI 5 causing the issue. It seems to be related to the PTZ tab. I added the cameras using BI 4 and imported them to BI 5 and they work, but if I go to Camera Properties, as soon as I hit the PTZ TAB (I know my cameras don't support it, it was an experiment) it throws that error.
I am using BI 5.2.9.15 (10 June 2020) when I get the errors.

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@THROW1
It looks like an issue with 5.2.9.15.
I just downgraded to 5.2.7.12 (4 May 2020) and the issue is not present in this version.

I'll log a support ticket with BI

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@THROW1
In Blue Iris 5, open the main menu (the three lines at top left near where it says Blue Iris).
Select Settings/Info.
On the About page, under Software Support and Maintenance (updates) change the option to Critical and Highly Stable Updates.
Then click Check for Update and then wait abotu 5 to 10 minutes and click Okay. (it wont give any feed back unfortuantely)
Blue Iris should restart with the 5.2.7.12 version

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just looking in :). I check the latest posts daily. I don't have any Reolinks and running on 5.2.9.6.