Unsupported stream view

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have recently installed Hikvision Ip cameraes and an NVR supporting 4 cameraes. I have a problem watching live-view of the cameraes. In splitscreen it works fine, but when I try to click on each camera I get unsupported stream type.
Any idea of why this message comes up on every camera?

And what do I have to do to fix it?

And do anyone know which settings, and where this settings is in the menu on my NVR?

Looking forward to answers...

Last edited:

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting something similar.

I'm guessing it might be to do with the cameras...

I was playing with mine and set them to sub stream...

I'll have another look, but might not be until the weekend as I'm working late.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @CmdrBond
Try to change the values for your cameraes to H264 if they are default H265. Worked for me!

Kash

n3wb
Reaction score
Had this problem today. Used iVMS-4200 to fix this. Just changed the cameras resolution to lower one, camera restarted and started to work, then changed it back to the highest one and all of my 5 cameras works. Try it, maybe it will help you too

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My next problem is to get connection with my third camera (different from the other two). My system is not connected to the ethernet yet, because connection is not installed in my house. But it seems like this IP camera requires internet connection to work? Does any of you know default IP-adresses that I can Adress the camera to make it work on the local system?

Thaanks!

Kash

n3wb
Reaction score
My next problem is to get connection with my third camera (different from the other two). My system is not connected to the ethernet yet, because connection is not installed in my house. But it seems like this IP camera requires internet connection to work? Does any of you know default IP-adresses that I can Adress the camera to make it work on the local system?

Thaanks!
If you're on windows just google for "hikvision SADP" and download this software. It helped me a lot today, found my cameras and I could change the IPs from there.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but I do not have network connection. Do you know of any other way to figure it out?

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @CmdrBond
Try to change the values for your cameraes to H264 if they are default H265. Worked for me!
Yeah, I saw that reply over in your other thread.

In my case they are already set to H.264

Had this problem today. Used iVMS-4200 to fix this. Just changed the cameras resolution to lower one, camera restarted and started to work, then changed it back to the highest one and all of my 5 cameras works. Try it, maybe it will help you too
This is it, the cameras are capable of 3MP (2048*1536), but of course the 7108 is only capable 1080p.

So I'm assuming that although the web browser is capable of displaying the output, the NVR itself is not.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It also could be because of the NVR doesnt support the size. Try reducing the resolution, as suggested above

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

This is it, the cameras are capable of 3MP (2048*1536), but of course the 7108 is only capable 1080p.

So I'm assuming that although the web browser is capable of displaying the output, the NVR itself is not.