Unusual error in firmware upgrade on Ezviz C6C cam

charlie36

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have Ezviz C6C cam with me and i was trying to downgrade firmware on the device using the normal flow i.e. putting the firmware in SD card and then inserting the SD card in the device and resetting the device. But the firmware is not downgrading and the camera remains on the same firmware. So i tried the serial console method to find out what exactly is going wrong here...i've attached an image for your reference ...if anyone can help me with the error i'm facing would be of great help ..Thanks!!

1640171527623.png

charlie36

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,
Went through your thread and i must say it's a very interesting read ...picked few points from it as well ,but just one query ..as you already mentioned before the error i'm facing is for wrong platform ..i'm pretty sure that i have the firmware for the correct device i just want to know; can that error be mitigated following your approach?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Went through your thread and i must say it's a very interesting read
Do you mean this one?

Yes, a lot of tinkering, with a good end result.

i'm pretty sure that i have the firmware for the correct device
Where did you find the firmware, how is it confirmed it matches your device?

i just want to know; can that error be mitigated following your approach?
What you're asking I think is "can I hack the bootpara data to change the platform ID and will that work?"
I doubt that would work - more likely brick the device.
I suspect that you just need the correct firmware for that model.

charlie36

n3wb
Reaction score
Also Alastair, is it possible to reverse the .dav firmware to do some reverse engineering on it? if yes could you nudge me into the right direction?