UNV Camera password - Purchased from ipctstore

Quaddamage

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a camera from ipcamtalk.

Model: U1-4MP-B1

The paperwork that came with the camera says the u/p should be admin/123456

however it is not. The eztools sees the camera, but the default pass and any other pass I haven’t tried. Any advice?

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the camera have a SD card to insert if so, there may be a reset button there. Also some camera’s have an internal button where you have to take apart for access. Check user manual. Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quaddamage

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an SD card slot, however there isn't a reset button there. I also removed the camera from the shell, but there isn't a reset button on the board either.
I was going to reach out to the store, but they have a disclaimer that mentions posting to the forums first. I guess I will see how the store responds when I reach out to them. Just getting started and looking to buy a few cameras, but surprised to find that it shipped with an incorrect password set.

Last edited:

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is an SD card slot, however there isn't a reset button there. I also removed the camera from the shell, but there isn't a reset button on the board either.
I was going to reach out to the store, but they have a disclaimer that mentions posting to the forums first. I guess I will see how the store responds when I reach out to them. Just getting started and looking to buy a few cameras, but surprised to find that it shipped with an incorrect password set.
It's pretty unlikely the password is incorrect. The camera will force you to accept the EULA and then change the password at first log on before allowing you to proceed. What IP address is showing up on EZtools ?, have you tried connecting to the camera using a web browser to that IP address ?

Quaddamage

n3wb
Reaction score
The username/password is incorrect. I wasn’t prompted for a eula at any time. Tried Chrome, edge, IE, eztools from UNV, tried another computer etc.

When the Camera is first connected to power it responds momentarily to 192.168.1.13 (just like the doc says it should), but then swaps over to 192.168.1.97. (Assigned via DHCP).
While it would be bizarre for it to matter, I also took down dhcp and let it boot up and remain on its default 192.168.1.13, which of course didn’t matter.

Last edited: