Update "How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins"

RobinC

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible for this sticky to be updated somehow? It's difficult trying to make sense of 2 years of posts.

Aeolus

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick question about this issue. Does it honestly affect the use of an NVR? Or is this only for when cameras are accessed individually without software support?

I'm looking at buying a $800+ Dahua 49425XBNR camera and I don't want to invest in something that I'll regret.

Is there a viable alternative out there that the community prefers?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It has no effect with an NVR or VMS. This only applies to view or configuring the camera through its web GUI.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should perhaps be a sticky on what version level camera (and NVR) firmwares stop needing a plugin. The latest firmwares for both my low-end HDW1230S as well as my newer T5241H-AS-PV doesn’t require the plugin. The original firmware for 1230S did. Now you just use Google Chrome and everything works fine.

Edit: come to think of it, I even got the camera GUI to work in the latest version of Safari, but it was way slower compared to Chrome.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe @EMPIRETECANDY said that all cameras he sells now ship with the newer firmware that doesn't require the plugin any longer. So it should be a thing of the past unless you still have a very old FW version.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Just decided to download pale moon for the Mac. It still asks me to download the plug in -- do i have to? is it safe?

i have tried the 32bit and 64?

What am I doing wrong?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes i'll put the camera up Solo in BI, then open the browser and login, then squish the browser window to the left, and view my changes in the BI picture. I have 2 Jidetech &Mth$&#&$^&Fknf^%*( cameras that dont seem to work anymore with the IE tab in Chrome or Edge or IE 11or any plugin. ( haven tried palemoon on this NEW PC yet) would rather scrap the cameras. i can see the settings i just cant see the image.