Updated Router - Can find Cams

Goatmilk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello , so i have been running Blue Iris with my Dahua Starlight 2mp ( if i remember correctly) bought from Andy aliexpress. But i updated my router yesterday and it switched the local ip or the one the router gives out to connected hw, i know cant find the cameras even in the router under connected devices they are not showing. PoE switch and everything is the same except for that, any idea? have been running this setup without problems for so long that i dont even remember how i set it up lol.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to match the IP address range of what the old router had to this one.

So plug your old router in and get the IP address and then go back to new router and change it to that IP address range.

Goatmilk

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to match the IP address range of what the old router had to this one.

So plug your old router in and get the IP address and then go back to new router and change it to that IP address range.
its the same Router only updated firmware. any way to find out what the old one was ? check blue iris?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, sorry I mistook it for updated like you got a new one LOL.

Yes the BI could potentially tell you the IP address if you are running dual NIC. If you are running VLANs, then maybe not depending on how it was set-up.

Goatmilk

n3wb
Reaction score
well the cam ip range is 192.1xx.1 and the new router ip is handing out from 192.1xx.4. and so on, so im guessing that is the problem and reason for it not showing up. is it possible to change the ip cams instead of the router, because i have 2 routers and they are crashing with the ranges, and i can only change this main one.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
well the cam ip range is 192.1xx.1 and the new router ip is handing out from 192.1xx.4. and so on, so im guessing that is the problem and reason for it not showing up. is it possible to change the ip cams instead of the router, because i have 2 routers and they are crashing with the ranges, and i can only change this main one.
Are you cameras set for static IP addresses inside each camera themselves? If so, don't do it that way anymore. You need to change them to DHCP in each camera GUI and then give them static IP addresses based on their MAC from the router.

If the cameras are on 192.168.1.x then use a computer that is connected to the same switch as the camera and temporarily assign that computer the same range as 192.168.1.x. Give it 192.168.1.40 (or whatever so long as its not the same as one of the cameras) Then, once that is done, log into the camera and set its IP address to DHCP and reboot the camera. Set your computer back to DHCP and now you should have both your computer and that camera you just configured on the new subnet (192.168.4.x).

Another option is to simply change the router back to the ip range of 192.168.1.x

Last edited: