Updating camera config on multiple cameras via IP configtool??

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have always painstakingly logged into each individual camera and to change the preferred settings. I am now trying to set up a 16 camera system and that would be way too time-consuming.

I swore there was a way to take the backup that I exported from one camera ( all the same cameras) and use the Configtool to update them all at once but I am only finding a firmware option.

Is there a way to do this or do I have to go back to manually logging in and updating each individual camera??

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Configtool has a feature to do that. I tend to not trust Configtool for advanced uses, though the recent release is an improvement. Probably worth trying to use.

On the other hand, configuring your cameras by hand one at a time isn't all that time consuming. Once you do the same settings about 5 times, it gets pretty fast to click through the web UI. I also recommend having the login password copied to clipboard for fast entry at login screen.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Configtool has a feature to do that. I tend to not trust Configtool for advanced uses, though the recent release is an improvement. Probably worth trying to use.
I'm obv blind because I can't seem to find it. Can you screenshot where this feature is?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was just looking for that. Thank you, I will have a look :0)

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Called Templates in version I have.
Thanks man, I didn't realize template was for the config files! I will test it out when I get home.

Does this allow importing of the ".backup" file also? Here at work its only showing an option for .xml but all of my cameras here are behind the NVR switch.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think so, I too am only seeing the option for .xml files which you create also in ConfigTool.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think so, I too am only seeing the option for .xml files which you create also in ConfigTool.
Got it. So you most likely have to do all the configuring through configtool.

Again, I was a bit confused because I was trying to use the .backup that I created from the cameras GUI. Unfortunately, config tool lacks a ton of options like enabling IVS.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.