updating DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so today the 8/08/2016 hikvision has put a new firmware out today on this site V3.4.80 build160718 English+Multi-lingual
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/

i just want to know if i can update to it since it might fix some problems since my nvr is DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P running Firmware Version V3.4.2 build 160205

i'm just not sure if it use the English or Multi-lingual one ?

this is the nvr i got
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bG9Luca4

any help would be great since there is two different version the NVR is on the list External_NVR_V3.4.80_build160718_Release Notes.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supported product list does include DS-7608NI-E2/8P:
DS-76xxNI-E1 DS-76xxNI-E1/xP DS-76xxNI-E1/xN
DS-76xxNI-E2 DS-76xxNI-E2/xP DS-76xxNI-E2/xN
DS-77xxNI-E4 DS-77xxNI-E4/xP

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What problems do you have? It was only released today so not many people have tried it.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What problems do you have? It was only released today so not many people have tried it.
viewing problems it seems like a bug fix in this one i just got told from my seller i use the eng one :)

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
again it says We don’t recommend users to upgrade DS-7608NI-I2 and DS-7608NI-I2/8P to V3.4.80 dueto RAM limit.

My nvr is
[h=2]DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P[/h]

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'm so lost on what to use ? or where to get it from?

i just want to know where it's easy to get it from

i just email hik but there bitching i'm not using an Australian reseller :)

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the nvr it self is a RR as it says in the NVR in the Serial No so not sure where to pull it from

the only words are AARR WCVU in the Serial No

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't be a dingbat and update it unless it's broken.

Seems like a bug, unless the change-log says it's fixed or someone else has reported it as a fix then you're not updating firmware to actually fix anything.

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Just updated my nvr to v3.480 from Hik Euro. I have a DS-7608NI-E2/8p. So straight away I tested email and it works. I guess this update fixed the email issue in gmail

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just updated my nvr to v3.480 from Hik Euro. I have a DS-7608NI-E2/8p. So straight away I tested email and it works. I guess this update fixed the email issue in gmail
Didn't fix my email. Is there a TLS option on this version?

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Didn't fix my email. Is there a TLS option on this version?
Sorry i was only reporting test mail feature on NVR which worked but i noticed under cam config test mail did not work. I had TLS and ENableSTARTTLS enabled. And NO TLS option after FW update on NVR

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What I can't believe is that the supposed new I2 version of the NVR already has RAM issues that this firmware can't be used on but the older legacy E2 should have no problems with it ?

Hik's firmware updates seem to be going backwards with every release with new bugs

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What I can't believe is that the supposed new I2 version of the NVR already has RAM issues that this firmware can't be used on but the older legacy E2 should have no problems with it ?

Hik's firmware updates seem to be going backwards with every release with new bugs
Why can't you believe that. This is normal Hikvision.

E2 isn't a legacy model. I don't like I2 owners sprouting this rubbish because they are unhappy with their I2. Yes I2 is newer, better and more expensive. But 99% of the time E2 is just as good. And actually with the latest updates might be a little better.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why can't you believe that. This is normal Hikvision.

E2 isn't a legacy model. I don't like I2 owners sprouting this rubbish because they are unhappy with their I2. Yes I2 is newer, better and more expensive. But 99% of the time E2 is just as good. And actually with the latest updates might be a little better.
I can't believe it as I bought the I series to be used with a set of 4k cameras for an upcoming project. If it has ram issues for a firmware update now then that could effectively mean future updates for this particular I2 model have ended potentially.

How exactly is this rubbish. The I series is promoted by Hikvision and all its UK resellers as the new model. Many UK resellers have stopped stocking and selling the E series so its fair to assume that when you purchase the newer, more expensive model of something that's promoted as a superior spec then it should be compatible with the latest firmware updates whereas an older lower spec model is compatible with newer updates.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nothing with Hikvision is safe or fair to assume. I would be upset if I had dished out more for the I2 too. So don't get me wrong on that.

If UK resellers have stopped stocking the E series it's because they want to make more profit. There are plenty of places still selling the E series and I will still recommend it to those not seeking 4K cameras. But for me, I'll be sticking with Dahua going forward for my NVRs.