Updating SADP & iVMS ... v3 cannot see any existing cameras? Main view is just black ...

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems I found myself in a bit of technical trouble, and hoping the forum collective may have a couple ideas as to how I can get back to normal.

I have a simple Hikvision setup.
SADP & iVMS-4200 setup on a dedicated windows 8 system. 6 hikvision cameras. One camera may have bitten the dust and refuses to come back online.
Both these programs were on version 2 something, and worked fine. Have not felt the need to update them in a couple years.

I got 4 new cameras. Want to test out the first one.
SADP 2 saw all my existing cameras, and the new one but I couldn't do anything to it.
Got the latest version of SADP 3 ... I can see the new camera, do the activation.
Fall down the rabbit hole of firefox, chrome, edge ... finally launching Internet Explorer.
Cool, it shows it an image.

iVMS 2 shows my active cameras (and the disconnect error on the malfunctioning one) but it will not see the new one.
Sure enough. Hikvision has iVMS 3 something.
Download. Install / update.
Set the new admin password thing.
And
... I have no cameras on screen any more?
Layout screen gone.
Device management only shows that I could add the new camera?

What happened???
Why did it delete my setup? or not carry it over?

Where are my existing cameras???

I depended on that main view 9 grid with 6 boxes filled!

So, okay, maybe I need to reconfigure this as a new setup ...

But it all goes to ??!!?? when SADP 3 and iVMS-4200 3 do not show my cameras that I have had for a couple years, and were working just fine under v2 yesterday.

I sincerely appreciate any help and insights to hopefully get back on track without too many headaches.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I should add that I am in NA and that the dome cameras were ordered from CN via the internet, with English language, due to the price difference at the time.

So, I am now suspecting that the software versions 2 allowed me to see and use these, but that for version 3, Hikvision implemented some kind of code or serial block.

Any suggestions as to the path forward, to get the slightly older and newer cameras happily to show up in SADP 3 & co-exist in iVMS-4200 v3?