Updating Swann NVR16-7095 to Hikvision ds-7616ni-e2 firmware

r1142

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I picked up a Swann NVR last year that I wanted to add some 3rd party cameras too. After doing some research, I found out that Swann had removed support for cameras other than their own, so I did some digging and felt confident that I could upgrade my NVR to use Hikvision firmware.

After some research, I determined that the NVR-7095 most likely matched the hardware of the ds-7616NI-E2 unit. I downloaded DS76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_v3.4.92_170518 (for record, I was running the most up to date firmware released for the NVR16-7095), copied the file to a flash drive and used the NVR to flash the upgrade.

After a couple of minutes, I was greeted with the Hikvision splashscreen. Everything went well, until it was time to log in. On the login screen, the username field was replaced with a dropdown box filled with a long list of string containing many squares. Fortunately, I was able to follow this post and select the first item in the list (which looked slightly different than the rest) and not put in anything as the password. This allowed me to access the device and perform a factory reset. After the reset, everything came up great!

I couldn't find any information out there about upgrading the 7095 to hikvision firmware and which firmware was the correct one, so I wanted to post this as a data point for others. Also, here is a screenshot from the Web Interface as proof of the successful upgrade. You can see the Hikvision branding with the model/serial being that of the NVR16-7095.

P.S. For others looking to do this, it appears Hikvision has a different way of resetting passwords than Swann does. When I went through the first time wizard and created a password, it prompted me to download a GUID file that could be used to reset the password. I would recommend that everyone do that, as I doubt Hikvision support would be very helpful if you tried to go through them to reset the password.

Last edited:

macky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering changing my firmware also. Can you report on your experience since you created this post?

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I picked up a Swann NVR last year that I wanted to add some 3rd party cameras too. After doing some research, I found out that Swann had removed support for cameras other than their own, so I did some digging and felt confident that I could upgrade my NVR to use Hikvision firmware.

After some research, I determined that the NVR-7095 most likely matched the hardware of the ds-7616NI-E2 unit. I downloaded DS76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_v3.4.92_170518 (for record, I was running the most up to date firmware released for the NVR16-7095), copied the file to a flash drive and used the NVR to flash the upgrade.

After a couple of minutes, I was greeted with the Hikvision splashscreen. Everything went well, until it was time to log in. On the login screen, the username field was replaced with a dropdown box filled with a long list of string containing many squares. Fortunately, I was able to follow this post and select the first item in the list (which looked slightly different than the rest) and not put in anything as the password. This allowed me to access the device and perform a factory reset. After the reset, everything came up great!

I couldn't find any information out there about upgrading the 7095 to hikvision firmware and which firmware was the correct one, so I wanted to post this as a data point for others. Also, here is a screenshot from the Web Interface as proof of the successful upgrade. You can see the Hikvision branding with the model/serial being that of the NVR16-7095.

P.S. For others looking to do this, it appears Hikvision has a different way of resetting passwords than Swann does. When I went through the first time wizard and created a password, it prompted me to download a GUID file that could be used to reset the password. I would recommend that everyone do that, as I doubt Hikvision support would be very helpful if you tried to go through them to reset the password.

Hey where do I download the GUID file from? to reset the password?
Where did you find the latest firmware for the NVR I can't find it anywhere online since the model has been discontintued!

Thank you