Updating V5

Tommyt79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last year around this time, I upgrade from V4 to V5. No issues... All is well. But now that my purchase date is over a year, the "check for update" option is not longer working. As you can see the "Install latest update" is grayed out.

So my questions is.... Is the BI license only good for one year for updates? As I paid for V5, I would expect to be able to update as long as its V5. Or is BI a subscription service?

1595420081707.png

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can no longer update if you don't have an active support plan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last year around this time, I upgrade from V4 to V5. No issues... All is well. But now that my purchase date is over a year, the "check for update" option is not longer working. As you can see the "Install latest update" is grayed out.

So my questions is.... Is the BI license only good for one year for updates? As I paid for V5, I would expect to be able to update as long as its V5. Or is BI a subscription service?

View attachment 66892
For the 25th time. It’s not a subscription. You can still use your version if v5 for as long as you want. Why would you expect free updates? The blue iris policy is on the website and has been there since v4. Would you feel better if he called it v6?

Tommyt79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the 25th time. It’s not a subscription. You can still use your version if v5 for as long as you want. Why would you expect free updates? The blue iris policy is on the website and has been there since v4. Would you feel better if he called it v6?
As I purchased V5... Any updates to V5 should be provided as part of the initial cost. I didn't buy 5.0.0.0.

For updates... it is a subscription service.

NP.. As it seems @ssholes are here, admins can delete my account. Didn't know that ipcamtalk had a gestapo team. Thanks to the others for a nice response. I leave you with this @sshole and best of luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I purchased V5... Any updates to V5 should be provided as part of the initial cost. I didn't buy 5.0.0.0.

For updates... it is a subscription service.

NP.. As it seems @ssholes are here, admins can delete my account. Didn't know that ipcamtalk had a gestapo team. Thanks to the others for a nice response. I leave you with this @sshole and best of luck.
Dumbass, you didn’t read what you purchased. It’s right there in black and white. You are entitled to one year of updates. A subscription service by definition ceases to operate after the subscription is over. It’s not the developers fault you are a moron. You must be a lefty misusing the term gestapo. Here we call out fools like you and enjoy it. If he would have called the latest release v6 you would be ok. What a baby. Your account will not be deleted. It will remain here in perpetuity as a symbol of your stupidity and your appalling normalization of nazi’s.