Upgrade camera firmware?

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am looking for some opinions on if a Lorex LNB3163B, 3mp camera should be firmware upgraded to the file below. One of the changes within the firmware is being a sub-stream display from 704*480 to 704*576? I have looked around and cannot figure out what the difference between the two displays will do for me as an end user, or the benefit of the firmware upgrade.

One camera on my system was shipped to me with a sub-stream 704x576 display with the other cameras upon the system being sub-stream 704x480.

Lorex has sent this link
Box
which downloads a file called

LOREX_IPC-HFW1XXX-Alps_Eng_NP_V2.420.LR00.3.R.20160105.bin

Any help in understanding will be appreciated.

Reaction score
If the cameras are working to your satisfaction, leave them alone. NEVER upgrade firmware unless the new version delivers a feature or bugfix you seriously need.

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the cameras are working to your satisfaction, leave them alone. NEVER upgrade firmware unless the new version delivers a feature or bugfix you seriously need.
Thanks for the response in which I agree with you. Being that I have one camera that is odd from the rest, is one of my motivations to ask.

Also, prior to this post, I tried to ask Lorex what the firmware update fixed or included and they could not give a consistent nor square answer. I have even asked for release notes but they have refused to respond. I have been unable to find anything either.

With the one camera that is odd, it displays slightly different, but I do not know what I am looking at, hence this post and asking for help to understand.

thanks again