Upgrade Cams from DS-2CD2342FWD-I 4MP?

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What would be an upgrade to the DS-2CD2342FWD-I 4MP?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
What don't you like about them?

My main gripe would be that they are not varifocal. I'd go with T5442T-ZE if you are itching to replace them. I'm happy with mine, and audio is great

Not sure you'll really see much of an upgrade though. Any higher resolution and you'll be getting poor low light performance

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What don't you like about them?

My main gripe would be that they are not varifocal. I'd go with T5442T-ZE if you are itching to replace them. I'm happy with mine, and audio is great

Not sure you'll really see much of an upgrade though. Any higher resolution and you'll be getting poor low light performance
I think varifocal is what I’m looking for. Would this provide more distance with clarity? Audio would be great.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, but you'd be zooming in so you'd lose some field of view

I would never buy anything not varifocal, because you can get it zoomed in just to how you like it. Some of mine are zoomed all the way out, but no problem because if I want to move the camera, I can zoom in etc

The audio on these is great, check this out. You can hear the guys talking in the car. This is zoomed almost all the way out too

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, looks great. Do you have any zooming examples? And would they be pretty much plug and play with my DS-7608NI-E2-8P?