Upgrade DS-2CD2732F-I(S) from 5.1.x to 5.3.0?

yrrkoon

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it worthwhile to upgrade my cam to the latest version or what have folk's experiences been (either feature wise or stability wise)?

I did try already. I tried using the web interface and unfortunately it keeps saying "upgrading failed" instantly. I am pretty certain i'm doing it correctly but not sure why it fails. This is for DS-2CD2x12,2x32 IP camera firmware v5.3.0_150513

I tried using TFTP but no luck there either. perhaps i'm doing something wrong. cam is on POE IP 192.168.1.108. TFTP just seems to sit there when i power cycle the cam and trying to do it with my PC on 192.0.0.128 and on it's 192.168.1.x address. This is following hikvision's TFTP upgrade instructions.

any ideas/thoughts appreciated!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cam is on POE IP 192.168.1.108
Does this mean the camera is plugged in to a PoE port on an NVR?
If so - you will need to plug the camera into the same LAN as the PC that's using 192.0.0.128, don't use a direct cable, just plug each into their own switch or router ports.
And make sure your Windows firewall isn't blocking the TFTP server (check Advanced Settings for inbound rules against tftpserve.exe UDP), which should say 'Hikvision TFTP server' in the window title.
'Upgrade failed' instantly could mean 'language mismatch', firmware vs camera.

yrrkoon

n3wb
Reaction score
No it's plugged in to a PoE port on a switch that only has two other devices plugged into it. One is my FW/router (which handles DHCP) and one is my laptop that i'm trying to do the upgrade from. I can ping and pull up the web interface fine from the laptop. No firewall is running on the local 192.168.1.x network.

I was thinking it wasn't a language missmatch problem since i got the firmware from the www.hikvision.com/en/us/download website and the camera was purchased from a US based store (wrightwood surveillance). Plus the interface was in english although the included printed manual is in chinese. So perhaps not the best way to determine for sure. Is there a way to tell for sure?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd quit while the quitin's good bro. Leave well enough alone. Don't fix what ain't broke. Remember, sometimes you eat the bar...and sometimes the bar ears you.

Reaction score
I'd quit while the quitin's good bro. Leave well enough alone. Don't fix what ain't broke. Remember, sometimes you eat the bar...and sometimes the bar ears you.
I have several DS-2CD2532F-IS USA models that were running v5.2.0_140721. I downloaded v5.3.0_150513 firmware from Hikvision.com which includes a release note dated 2015-05-20.

The v5.3.0 upgrade failed via the camera web interface on two out of three cameras. All cameras are configured identically (except for IPv4 address, etc.) and plugged into the same PoE switch. I was baffled why the upgrade worked immediately on one camera but not the other two. I successfully upgraded the two problem cameras by running Tools.exe --> Batch Upgrading. I upgraded one camera at a time and verified it was working in case it bricked a camera. Be sure to check the "reboot camera after upgrade" option or you won't be able to log into the camera and get a 404 error.

The v5.3.0 150513 firmware works fine except the 4x4 mosaic view on the Hikvision NVR output to a HDMI TV monitor is not crystal clear (some mottling/blurring) as it was before for only the two cameras that were Batch Upgraded. The full image live view and recorded playback is crystal clear so it's an artifact only with the NVR HDMI output. The Main stream is selected on all cameras and NVR, but it appears to be showing the substream in the HDMI TV multi-view. Oddly, the 4x4 view is crystal clear when logged into the NVR via a web browser.

Given the upgrade and HDMI display issues I recommend waiting for the next firmware version.