Upgrade firmware IPC HDW 5442TM-AS

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,
i just installed my new IPC 5442TM-AS and saw that the algoritm is out of date, so i downloaded the newest firmware.
Problem is that it doens't install it on my camera. Via NVR no result and via upgrade it in the cam software.
Anyone a suggestion?
Thanks

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not actually sure how to update the fw. There really hasn't been a good document showing how to do this exactly(at least that I know of). Sorry for that. I do know that if you bought the camera from andy he has his own sub forums on here that has all the different firmwares in it.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not actually sure how to update the fw. There really hasn't been a good document showing how to do this exactly(at least that I know of). Sorry for that. I do know that if you bought the camera from andy he has his own sub forums on here that has all the different firmwares in it.
Thank, it works the same as my other camera's, only with this one nothing happens when upload the software

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank, it works the same as my other camera's, only with this one nothing happens when upload the software
I had a similar problem with my IPC-HFW4239T-ASE. After uploading firmware, it just rebooted and came up again with the old version. In the end I used TFTP method to update.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the name of the firmware you are trying to install?

Reaction score

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I remember these models being a pain in the ass to upgrade when I was testing them. For me the firmware that worked was one of those included on dahua website

There are two versions on the camera page under 4xxx category. My camera was an original dahua product on the european market.

Anyway, that's not the latest firmware for these models, there's an special release from a few weeks ago that turn the people counting camera into a flow control one. (Not everybody might be interested in that change)

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I remember these models being a pain in the ass to upgrade when I was testing them. For me the firmware that worked was one of those included on dahua website

There are two versions on the camera page under 4xxx category. My camera was an original dahua product on the european market.

Anyway, that's not the latest firmware for these models, there's an special release from a few weeks ago that turn the people counting camera into a flow control one. (Not everybody might be interested in that change)
Did you upgrade it via the cam weblog or via the NVR?