Upgrade to 5.2.0.5 freezes computer

Sean313

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been having issues where every morning for the past several days my BI computer is not running and stopped running sometime overnight. It is stuck on a blue screen. A restart will fix the issue and everything works fine. I initially thought this was a windows update issue but I checked and verified my PC is up to date and I also paused windows updates for a week and it happened again overnight. The only update I have available is for BI to 5.2.0.5 which when I try to manually do the update it goes to shutdown all of my cameras (about 20 of them) and freezes on the black shutting down screen on the camera feeds. It never actually shuts down and the only way to exit is through task manager.

Any idea how to push this update or is this a known bug with this update?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have 5.2.0.5 running with zero issues. I'm guessing you have some other issue (of which there are MANY possibilities...).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Last I checked, Blue Iris sometimes takes a long time to close and maxes out the CPU when you have a large camera load and use Intel hardware acceleration. It has been this way for years. If this is new behavior to you and you haven't recently changed any camera configs or added new ones, then it is probably something else. In which case I have no idea.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been having issues where every morning for the past several days my BI computer is not running and stopped running sometime overnight. It is stuck on a blue screen. A restart will fix the issue and everything works fine. I initially thought this was a windows update issue but I checked and verified my PC is up to date and I also paused windows updates for a week and it happened again overnight. The only update I have available is for BI to 5.2.0.5 which when I try to manually do the update it goes to shutdown all of my cameras (about 20 of them) and freezes on the black shutting down screen on the camera feeds. It never actually shuts down and the only way to exit is through task manager.

Any idea how to push this update or is this a known bug with this update?
Manually shutdown blue iris and any bi service then run the update file.