Upgrade

charliehorse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been using BI for years.
Tried to upgrade and now my BI4 is gone.
Ok, I may not be eligible for an upgrade so if I buy BI5 off this site,
can I cancel annual support and still use BI5 into the future.
At the moment I do not have any cctv running as BI4 will not run.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
There are plenty of threads discussing this, you’ll have to have a read and try some of the suggestions that closely match your problem.

charliehorse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't mind paying again but don't like annual subs.
I can set it up ok but would like my old settings back to start with.
Running BI now usesnew interface and BI4 will not run.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't mind paying again but don't like annual subs.
I can set it up ok but would like my old settings back to start with.
Running BI now usesnew interface and BI4 will not run.
There is never an annual subscription unless you want one for support. You can cancel it at any time and BI will run just fine. You can purchase the 29.99 subscription then cancel (its a bit of a pain to navigate the mycommerce site to cancel) or just buy the 35 dollar plan that is a one time fee that will upgrade you to v5. Both of those are a better deal and make more sense then buying a new license here.
Blue Iris Support

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is never an annual subscription unless you want one for support. You can cancel it at any time and BI will run just fine. You can purchase the 29.99 subscription then cancel (its a bit of a pain to navigate the mycommerce site to cancel) or just buy the 35 dollar plan that is a one time fee that will upgrade you to v5. Both of those are a better deal and make more sense then buying a new license here.
Blue Iris Support
Fenderman,

If I paid the 29.99 support subscription via paypal will it renew every year automatically ?

Thanks,

Rick

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

If I paid the 29.99 support subscription via paypal will it renew every year automatically ?

Thanks,

Rick
If you purchased via my commerce yes. You need to cancel it. It tells you its going to auto renew.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you purchased via my commerce yes. You need to cancel it. It tells you its going to auto renew.
Fenderman,

Should I cancel it now or wait till the 12 months are up, or does it matter? I don't want to lose my free updates I paid for for the next 12 months.

Thank you,

Rick

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I gotta say... Considering the low cost of this outstanding VMS (you won't beat it), the frequent updates, and the care/attention Ken puts into taking care of customer issues, the yearly plan to support the developer is a deal. I'm ok with paying just to help support him.

BigGsWorld

n3wb
Reaction score
I gotta say... Considering the low cost of this outstanding VMS (you won't beat it), the frequent updates, and the care/attention Ken puts into taking care of customer issues, the yearly plan to support the developer is a deal. I'm ok with paying just to help support him.
Hear Hear!

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just purchased the support plan even though I think I'm going to let the dust settle at least another 2 weeks before upgrading. Although I've never used BI support I think it's a fair price and I know @fenderman helped me one time remotely and I think between the contributions of this forum and $29.99 a year I've paid a lot more for a lot less. I don't plan on canceling I'm going to let it ride.

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just did the upgrade here, got an email from them with instructions and links for updating the service so I would be eligible for the upgrade. Did the $29.99 and downloaded the new software. It found all the settings and seems to be working fine. Have to get used to the new GUI but seems to run smoothly so far. I had renewed back in February so was not eligible for the "free" upgrade. Oh well.. The software works very well and I have been happy with it so far running my 16 cameras. :)

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did the upgrade plan purchase and that went through. Seems the site is down and I can't authenticate the purchase and get the upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this? The actual Blue Iris site that is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did the upgrade plan purchase and that went through. Seems the site is down and I can't authenticate the purchase and get the upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this? The actual Blue Iris site that is.
There are multiple threads on this. The site is down.