Upgrade?

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using BI ver. 5.3.2.5

Is there a point in upgrading to the newest iteration?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only reason to upgrade is if they have added something you want or need.

If they haven't and your system meets your needs, no need to update as it will probably cause an issue. Something that can be fixed, but a headache brought on self-inflicted for OCD updating for kicks and grins.

Many people here are on older versions because it meets there needs.

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
Only reason to upgrade is if they have added something you want or need.

If they haven't and your system meets your needs, no need to update as it will probably cause an issue. Something that can be fixed, but a headache brought on self-inflicted for OCD updating for kicks and grins.

Many people here are on older versions because it meets there needs.
Sure, it's only the fact that there have been dozens upon dozens of versions in between. Not easy to figure out if there was anything worthwhile.
Anything major and obvious to some users?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can look here and scroll thru the updates and see if anything looks like a feature you need or want.

Most of the improvements have been related around AI and switching from DeepStack to CodeProject.

Some UI3 enhancements and other updates to BI added additional functionality.

And bug fixes from one version to the next.

As reference I am still on 5.5.6.xx because Deepstack flat out works for me and reading all the issues folks have had with CodeProject, I don't have the time to spend to troubleshoot if the system goes sideways with an update.

Sure there have been some improvements I would like, but not to the point I want to mess with what is working perfectly at the moment.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using BI ver. 5.3.2.5

Is there a point in upgrading to the newest iteration?
You are running a 3+ year old version of BI. There is certainly something of value in the updates...however if you dont intend to use them whats the point. Read the notes then upgrade to the latest stable version.