upgraded from 4 to 5 on new windows 10 x64 Fails to start error 1069

r0nr0cks

n3wb
Reaction score
So I had version 4, paid for version 5 and downloaded today from this website. 4 was configured and working great. The system is standalone overkill to only record my 3 cams. Ran the upgrade too 5, upon startup I got some local _account login ?? just hit enter with no password and it opened. I noticed everything was functioning perfectly but it was not running as a service anymore. I checked and the setting to run as console was unchecked ?? So I checked it and it prompted for account password, accepted it and told me to close and reboot. Upon restarting I simply get a message failed to start the service error 1069. Ran thru a few threads on this forum and found a registry tweak which fixes the local account login prompt, and another reg setting that unchecks the console option. Then it starts and runs perfectly. I have tried checking the console option and rebooting many times, only to have the same issue. So at the moment I just minimize and "lock screen" so it continues to run / record. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. I have built and setup at least ten systems with BI for personal and business and have never run into this. The system build and win 10 software install is clean, I really dont think its windows.

r0nr0cks

n3wb
Reaction score
OK...Fixed activated the Admin Account and created a new password. Started BI , ticked the box to run as console, rebooted and as now works as it should. It had to be an account issue or something... hope this helps anyone else that has this issue.