UPS package Theft

BrianDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Sharing my first interesting camera capture. (Forgive the bad time-stamp, this was actually from just after 6PM)

The men in the video never knocked on any of the doors in the neighborhood, so I have a hard time believing they in the area for any good reason.
Obviously he didn't notice the VERY OBVIOUS cameras on the house and was too busy making sure someone wasn't driving down the street.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pretty darn bold.

Clearly a team effort where they tag team faking going around for some petition or magazine / whatever meanwhile picking up whatever they can find, hoping it could be something they can sell (camera, tablet, ... )

Do you have another approach recording that may show his face better?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! What a bunch of punks....Were they caught?

dalepa

Reaction score
I have a camera just above the front door, however now I'm thinking I need one at eye level to scare off this type of crime.

BrianDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a shot from above (good color), but nothing better than the side shot of his face. One of the reasons I have a few new cameras on their way over from china :)
Upgrading the camera above to a 3MP hoping to get some better day/night and fix the IR cutoff on my current lens (the thumbnail was before I converted the video to B/W). Also going to add a few 3MP bullet cameras and have already convinced a few neighbors to install some cams as well.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you may have enough for ID with that one. You should file a police report.

BrianDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Police report was filed within hours of this being recorded. Provided Local PD with camera footage from multiple angles (the other cameras weren't as clear as the one above, but still useful to as evidence).

Funny thing was at the end of the clip, you can see them go into my neighbors yard across the street. Turns out they opened the package, realized it was just a computer manual, and tossed the whole thing in the trash. We recovered my property from the trash and it's going to be processed for prints. Hopefully they catch this young man so he doesn't steal from others. Now I'm waiting to see the condition of the book once it gets back from the CSI guys.