UPS Wasn't enough, now I'll never lose camera footage

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't care for just the battery units, not enough capacity, but with the release of their generator they are killing it, not sure if you've seen that

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you don't mind, what did that cost? I had a few quotes for propane versions last year and they were insane.
$20,250 in Houston TX from Generator Super Center

Its about double the air cooled models, but in my personal opinion if you are going to get a generator, it should be liquid cooled.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
$20,250 in Houston TX from Generator Super Center

Its about double the air cooled models, but in my personal opinion if you are going to get a generator, it should be liquid cooled.
That sounds pretty reasonable. I was debating air vs liquid cooling. There are pros and cons for each. Some coworkers have liquid cooled ones and they are always breaking down with coolant issues, etc. But they last longer if maintained, it is claimed.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
The main reason for me is that its hot all the time here in summer. Do you really want an air cooled generator when its 110 out? The air cooled generators are 999cc and made in china, the liquid cooled of the same size are 2.4l i4 engines made in Japan. I know which I want.

My neighbor has a 22kw air cooled, and honestly the entire thing seems like a toy compared to the liquid cooled model. But, I've heard that Generac will soon replace the 2.4l Mitsubishi engine in the 22 and 27kw models with an all Generac made Chinese engine. I'm glad I'm ahead of that!

Honestly though, I bet the air cooled models work fine, they are the most popular after all

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Another thing, the RG027 model I have is rated for 24/7 operation

The air cooled model are actually only rated to run 18 hours before you need to shut them down to check the oil. Of course no one does that, but thats the warranty policy

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah , wait if you have a damaged fiber run , for a normal person its impossible to repair :(

but its really easy to run a new one. these connectors are easy to put on ... just need some china tools

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
OM3 is so cheap I'd just pull another run. Pretty hard for fiber to get damaged anyway, its much tougher than Cat6

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised the switch still works fine, its full of sawdust and all sorts of gunk