Urgent advice needed - installed tomorrow

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls)
I have Dahua's 2 turret and 1 bullet camera to be installed tomorrow. See images for the locations of the cameras to be installed.
1x Turret (T) is under eve on top of the garage door (center)
1x Turret (T) is facing the path to the front door
1x Bullet (B) is pointing towards the road - will be used for LPR purposes only at night and whatever it will capture during the day

Need some advice before they all installed tomorrow. The one on top of the garage door is OK, I think.
But the ones on the side I am not sure about.

I played with the pictures, especially for the bullet one that will do LPR, and the best image I get is on the image 2a. Problem is - it is not covered by the eve. I tried it with closer to the house, but then I get IR reflection from the roof, as the bullet is leveled with it - to see the road. Will it be OK to have it mounted under eve, but the actual camera out in the open?

The other turret is also mounted under eve, behind the bullet one. Just a bit further away.

Is the setup OK? Front of the house pointing North (southern hemisphere)

Attachments

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only real way to determine if these locations are correct is to temporary mount the cameras there.
I see two possible issues.

The camera on the left of the door looks to be pointing directly above the wall and plants, this could cause IR flare.
The camera on the right of the door points down the side of the building. As this is a lovely light colour it could cause the same IR flare if too much of the wall is in view.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only real way to determine if these locations are correct is to temporary mount the cameras there.
I see two possible issues.

The camera on the left of the door looks to be pointing directly above the wall and plants, this could cause IR flare.
The camera on the right of the door points down the side of the building. As this is a lovely light colour it could cause the same IR flare if too much of the wall is in view.
This is why I moved them all the way to the gutter. If too close to the building - IR reflection

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is why I moved them all the way to the gutter. If too close to the building - IR reflection
It's a good plan, I think.
Could you try them up on a plank of wood tonight to be sure?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, taken few night shots.

LPR

Midway of the house

Right corner of the house

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that in corridor mode?
I do not really know what you mean? How do I set it to that mode? Is that having the camera rotated 90 degrees? Then no, its not. Its zoomed in about 80% and camera is flat.
Another question (did not check for difference) - do you think its better to have IR lights on the bottom(image flipped 180deg) or on the top of the sensor?

Last edited:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Search corridor mode on here.its been talked about a few times. I strictly use Hikvision, but I remember reading about the Dahua corridor mode in the camera settings.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the second two would benefit from corridor mode, deffo the last one.
You need to try to get rid of the wall in the right of the picture in the last one. Monitoring the wall is pointless. .
The Midway one I thought was going to have a view out from the house, you're not having two cameras monitor the entrance are you?

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Midway and corner is the same camera. Just added pictures to show what the image looks like from different locations.
Anyway, cables all laid, just have to install the cameras. Anyone knows - whats the best plug to use to attach cameras to the fiber cement boards? Could not find the ones I had and the ones that come with the cameras do not look that great...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would use Tapcon self tapping masonry screws. You can get them from Lowe's and Home Depot.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
SergeyAU,
That pic shows a "moly" sheetrock fastener.
Not a masonary screw as blake recommended.

Fastb

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SergeyAU,
That pic shows a "moly" sheetrock fastener.
Not a masonary screw as blake recommended.

Fastb
I know. Was just showing what I was planning to use, as I dont think masonary screws would have enough grip in such a small board (eves lining fibre cement sheet, most likely 4.5mm thick)

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably overkill, I'm looking at trying a few of these Snaptoggle Togglers.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ended up using these

See images from the mounted cams:

Will see how they behave at night. On the other topic - does anyone know how to sync Dahua cameras time to NVR? All 3 have the different time on playback

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ended up using these

See images from the mounted cams:

Will see how they behave at night. On the other topic - does anyone know how to sync Dahua cameras time to NVR? All 3 have the different time on playback
looking good, is be worried about the first can and the wall in the right.
Can you try corridor mode and try to get rid of the wall as much as possible.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Is corridor mode best done from the camera gui or via BI/NVR?

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the night shot from 3 cameras

And first camera separately

Last edited:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is corridor mode best done from the camera gui or via BI/NVR?
You'd rotate the camera physically and then rotate the image in NVR or Camera to view it the right way up.