Urgent, leaving for vacation --- Stutter. Not Performance related -

Reaction score
Hey guys. i just bought a new house and threw a single camera up on a machine. its an old camera from ebay i dont even know the password too so i am just pulling off the h264 stream. This worked fine all day yesterday, and now as soon as I'm about to head out the door on vacation i have problems.

the deal is the live view in the console is stuttering badly, and only refreshing every 4-5 seconds. HOWEVER, once i log in from the app, or BI detects motion and starts to record on trigger, the stream is perfectly smooth. its only when its NOT triggered that it jerks. the problem is that this 4-5 second stutter is making it miss motion. I tried putting the cam on continuous record but it didnt make a difference.

Im not sure what setting could be causing this. I have the preview limited to 15fps. the camera is feeding 20 or so but its the only camera on this machine and I have 2% CPU usage.

help?

Reaction score
i restarted the service and also added the exclusion to the storage file and the program directory. i dont know if that fixed it or the restart did, but it is smooth now. I dont think this would stop me from getting an alert if someone actually broke in but if they managed to pull the cord in the first 5 seconds, its possible. (setup is kinda rinky dink right now)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys. i just bought a new house and threw a single camera up on a machine. its an old camera from ebay i dont even know the password too so i am just pulling off the h264 stream. This worked fine all day yesterday, and now as soon as I'm about to head out the door on vacation i have problems.

the deal is the live view in the console is stuttering badly, and only refreshing every 4-5 seconds. HOWEVER, once i log in from the app, or BI detects motion and starts to record on trigger, the stream is perfectly smooth. its only when its NOT triggered that it jerks. the problem is that this 4-5 second stutter is making it miss motion. I tried putting the cam on continuous record but it didnt make a difference.

Im not sure what setting could be causing this. I have the preview limited to 15fps. the camera is feeding 20 or so but its the only camera on this machine and I have 2% CPU usage.

help?
you have incorrectly selected limit decoding. Dont use it. It is important to understand the options you select. See wiki on optimizing BI that explains this function.