URL TO access multiple camears via mjpeg with Hikvision NVR

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
With Blue Iris I can access this URL /mjpg/index/video.mjpg and get an image that shows all 4 of my cameras in one mjpg.
Is this possible with the Hikvision NVRs? I can access individual camera feeds on the camera directly with
/Streaming/Channels/01/Picture but would like one URL that shows a generated image of all 4 cameras.

Thanks

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im interested as well. Did you figure it out ?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is a "channel zero" which shows all the channels at the same time, but I just tried it, and it seems that the screenshot does not work with it.

JoergDr

n3wb
Reaction score
The HikVision NVR only works with H.264 (rtsp) streams, in input and output, it does not support MJPEG.
To see the channel zero stream (a composing of all input streams), use this URL:

rtsp://<user>:<password>@<nvr-ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/001

You can compose the channel zero as "live view" when you are connected to the NVR via VGA or HDMI.
It is not possible to configure "live view" using the browser interface.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
typically the only way your getting a http mjpeg feed is if you reconfigure the cameras for mjpeg; and then you pretty much dont want to save any of it to disk as its extremely wastefull.

JoergDr

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, but unfortunately the HikVision NVR does not support mjpeg at all. I have tried this with the DS-7608N, of course I cannot say this for all models. I could use an mjpeg stream very well, as my home control server (domovea) does only support mjpeg. The only way is to transform h.264 to mjpeg, but this would mean to have a pc running 24/7 and then I don't need the NVR at all and would use a software solution like "blue iris" or others.