Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
All Walmart Stores In Portland Permanently Close

The city of Portland will no longer have any more Walmart stores.

At the end of March, all Walmart stores within Portland’s city limits will officially close.

In statement Walmart revealed “The decision to close these stores was made after a careful review of their overall performance. We consider many factors, including current and projected financial performance, location, population and customer needs.”

Portland has been the center of ANTIFA and BLM terrorism over the last several years.

People who live near the stores that are closing say the closure is going to have a big impact on them and low-income shoppers.

“Safeway is the go-to-store if I have to but that’s three times the price I would spend here,” Amanda Pahl said. “What are we going to do? You got to go further, then you have to spend gas money. Might as well pay for it at Safeway at this point.”

According to a Walmart spokesperson, pharmacy staff will work with customers to transfer their prescriptions to other locations before that date.

All Walmart Stores In Portland Permanently Close – enVolve (en-volve.com)

My Comment: I would imagine too much thievery/shoplifting and prosecutors failing to prosecute. You get what you vote for.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate these click-bait headlines, no matter which political side they're coming from.
An honest headline would have been "Walmart closing both Portland stores".
I wondered how many Portland Walmarts have also closed in the past, and it appears these were the only two that ever existed.
The stories should also disclose that more than a dozen Walmarts remain in the Portland metro area, according to a Portland TV station:
"All employees at the two locations will have the option to transfer to other, nearby locations. There will still be more than a dozen Walmart stores in the Portland metro area,: outside of Portland’s city limits.

My distaste of the misleading headline doesn't change that the stores were plagued by protected shoplifting and nearby homeless camps. Portland city was never friendly to Walmart: Mayor Sam Adams. "This is a company that has my enmity," Adams, then a city commissioner, said in 2005. "They treat their employees poorly and the communities they go into with total disdain."

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL-ed only because you know....as soon as the rest of us read that we were probably all thinking the same thing. He'll accidently die of fentanyl and/or decide to try to fly like a bird from a 10+ story building.
More likely from 3 self-inflicted gunshot wounds; 1 to the head and 2 to the chest.... :wtf: