US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
NBA CAVES — League to cancel Social Justice BLM messages on courts and jerseys next year…

Rachel Nichols: The NBA has certainly been the most visible billion-dollar organization championing social justice and civil rights. As you noted in your press conference the other day, though, that has not been universally popular. How committed are you to being that going forward?

Adam Silver: We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor. And I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game.’

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
NBA CAVES — League to cancel Social Justice BLM messages on courts and jerseys next year…

Rachel Nichols: The NBA has certainly been the most visible billion-dollar organization championing social justice and civil rights. As you noted in your press conference the other day, though, that has not been universally popular. How committed are you to being that going forward?

Adam Silver: We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor. And I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game.’

laugh.gif

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's Trump knowing when to walk away. He'll still do the deal if they come back with real world asks.

Reaction score
I read this from comments posted on an article about Creepy Joe. Completely agree with it. IDK who said it, but it is worth repeating...IMO.

'I am not voting for a man. I am voting for the principles for which this country has stood since its founding. I am voting for Constitutional government. I am voting for a strong and viable military. I am voting for a vibrant economy. I am voting for the right to keep and bear arms. I am voting for the freedom to worship. I am voting for a national recognition of the founding of our nation on Biblical principles. I am voting for the ability for anyone to rise above their circumstances and become successful. I am voting for my children and grandchildren to be able to choose their own path in life, including how and where their children are educated. I am voting for our borders to be open to everyone who enters under our law and closed to everyone who would circumvent or ignore the law. I am voting for the Electoral College to remain in place, so that a few heavily populated liberal centers do not control the elections. I am voting for a Supreme Court that interprets the Constitution rather than rewrites it. I am voting to teach history, with all its warts, not erase it or revise it. I am voting for the sanctity of life from conception to birth and after.'

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just received my election ballot in the mail today. My plans are to fill it out and take it directly to the Post office. This is for New Jersey by the way.
I am not going to tell you who I am voting for...

Trump 2020

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a real winner...

Jane Fonda says coronavirus is 'God's gift to the left' because it could help Biden defeat Trump
'It has ripped the Band-Aid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for,' actress says of COVID-19

Hanoi Jane will never learn.....
As I've said in the past, it is Trump who's ripped the band-aid off who [the left] is and what they stand for. :D