US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump Campaign Hits Back Against 'Dictator' Hit-Piece In WaPo, Gaetz Says 'Green-Lighting Assassination'
Trump Campaign Hits Back Against 'Dictator' Hit-Piece In WaPo, Gaetz Says 'Green-Lighting Assassination' | ZeroHedge

Over the last week, several outlets published articles warning that a second Trump term would turn America into a dictatorship.

The Washington Post most notably ran a piece written by Robert Kagan, husband of Former State Department official Victoria Nuland (who was deeply involved in peddling the Steele dossier) titled "A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable. We should stop pretending."

Many suggested this was a clear call to assassinate the former US President.

Let’s stop the wishful thinking and face the stark reality: There is a clear path to dictatorship in the United States, and it is getting shorter every day. In 13 weeks, Donald Trump will have locked up the Republican nomination. […] Are we going to do anything about it? To shift metaphors, if we thought there was a 50 percent chance of an asteroid crashing into North America a year from now, would we be content to hope that it wouldn’t? Or would we be taking every conceivable measure to try to stop it, including many things that might not work but that, given the magnitude of the crisis, must be tried anyway?

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said in response on X, "They're obviously green-lighting assassination."

They’re obviously green-lighting assassination. pic.twitter.com/rSocx7WFKc
— Matt Gaetz (@mattgaetz) December 4, 2023
In addition to the post, The Atlantic and the NY Times have also published stories warning of a "Trump dictatorship" in recent days, with the Times suggesting that a second Trump term would likely be more radical than his first, The Hill reports.

"All of these articles calling Trump a dictator are about one thing: legitimizing illegal and violent conduct as we get closer to the election," wrote Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) on X. "Everyone needs to take a chill pill."
Everyone needs to take a chill pill.
— J.D. Vance (@JDVance1) December 4, 2023

"It’s August 2016 all over again. Skyrocketing cost of health care has millions worried. President Trump’s Dem. opponent off the campaign trail & hiding from the press," wrote senior Trump adviser Jason Miller on X, adding "Dems & their media allies have given up on debating issues & have shifted to name-calling & rhetorical fearmongering."

Trump campaign responds .....

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
100% bullshit and illegal. Someone with the balls and the $ needs to say NO and take them to court.

Of course it will have to be appealed to the USSC as the 9th circus court are a lost cause when it comes to the Constitution
Of course, the problem here is that the government has unlimited taxpayer dollars to battle this in the courts while whatever entity takes up the fight better have a whole lot of money. Also, the government has nothing to lose because if/when they DO lose and get sued, it'll just be paid off with unlimited taxpayer dollars...

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Back then I fished for food and I made money. We put up 60 cases of pints and some 1/2 pints
of Albacore. If you were on my Christmas list, you got a case. It was a solid fillet no chunks or blood lines.
We had 2 big pressure cookers and baby sit the pressure gauge. 1 solid piece of white meat with
no fish stench.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
It doesn't mention the amount in the article, but yesterday I heard it was around $104 BILLION dollars WHAT THE F**K? Where are they getting this money? NO, NO, F**K NO! I hate Putin, but GD there has to be a limit. Holy Hell....Ultimatum my ass...NO MEANS NO!

1701861701074.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You know when I hear MSM and even our Gov't and their lies that Ukraine is winning the war, it is ridiculous when you see all the destruction Russia has done to Ukraine while Russia remains nearly untouched. I am sure Putin is waiting for the US money laundering to run out before he resumes. Just think, if he takes over the country he can say "Thank You Biden" for all the money and equipment left behind, like the Taliban thanked Biden.