US Elections (& Politics) :)

Used Klein's "Chicago" grips and a chain "come along" on 3/8" and 1/4" messengers, 3-bolt clamps, dead end grips and a Klein wrench, would set expanding anchors for the back guys.

Geez, it was wierd looking at this hardware, couldn't even remeber some of the terms and names....it's only been a little over 50 years. :winktongue:
Bell Wrench? Remember those? We all had them hanging from our belts...

1728048096222.png

Used to beat the dogs that attacked you too...haha, no I didn't

Bell Wrench? Remember those? We all had them hanging from our belts...

View attachment 204282

Used to beat the dogs that attacked you too...haha, no I didn't
Yep, that's the one. You could use the hole to hang it on the backside of a thru-bolt.
OK, I'm done....back to "U.S. Elections and Politics." :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: garycrist
Wow never used a power drill. We had to hand drill all our poles. I installed new Coax for Cable companies. We were paid by the foot. We would run, on avg. about a mile of cable a day. That is installing hardware, running the strand wire, coming back and running the cable and then lashing the cable up. Bug Nuts, now there is a term only Linemen know.. They were used to tie off lashing wire. So now thinking back, the mile mentioned was strand wire install, we would come back later and work on the cable which took longer.

We used preform wood loop makers, did it by hand, alot seem to have changed, we only single wire lashed too. I was hanging 3/4 inch coax for trunk installs, like the video. Did 1/2 coax for distribution/subdivisions. Also, we had to do so many wire wraps (I think 3 or 4 each) around each bolt side of the Bug Nut then tighten the nuts. We are talking 80-90s, hard to remember details ;)

Last story, not to ruin this Thread, we had to lash up a cable across a freeway, I-45. They had to stop traffic, of course, I remember running across across the freeway pulling a lasher with a rope, haha. Had to jump the center barrier...
Alot of our lashing was with a rope to a truck and we just held down on the rope and walked behind the truck...this only worked on roadside lashing/poles, of course.

Sorry :offtopic:

At the end of this video, is that what's called the loop? I see them all over around me, what is the purpose? Extra 'slack' in case a pole gets hit or tree on line?