US Elections (& Politics) :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently Sleepy Creepy Joe blew it. He's getting slammed by everyone, Dimowits and Repellicans, for his "end fossil fuel by 20 whatever" statements. Something that hit me was he said he wouldn't stop fracking but would stop fossil fuels. Isn't that a mutually exclusive statement? What does he think fracking produces, orange juice?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Latino Support for Trump in California Jumps 8 Points in One Month

Support for President Donald Trump among Latino voters has jumped eight points in one month in California in one of the most widely-respected polls in the state.
The latest Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC) poll shows that 57% of likely Latino voters in California support Democratic Party nominee Joe Biden, versus 33% who support President Donald Trump.
However, that is a significant shift from September, when 64% said they would vote for Biden and 25% said they would vote for Trump, the Sacramento Bee noted.

Comment. I think California is out of reach, but this will help with the popular vote.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Something I wish over and over that the Republicans would hammer on, but they always seem to miss, is the way the Dems ALWAYS say they're going to raise money by raising taxes on corporations so they can spare the poor and middle class from paying for their extravagant programs.

Why don't the Republicans ever point out, and hammer it home, that taxes on corporations are among the most regressive of all taxes because corporations PAY NO TAXES? When you tax a corporation, the corporation must raise that money somehow. So they cut workers wages and benefits or lay people off. And they raise prices to the consumer. That's all that can possibly happen.

So raising corporate taxes hurts low and middle income people more than the wealthy. The wealthy spend a far lower percentage of their incomes for necessities such as food, clothing, utilities, gasoline, housing, etc. And the poor disproportionately lose their jobs, or have their hours or benefits cut when these corporate taxes force the corporations to tighten their belts to pay them.

The Democrat politicians know this. But they know that many voters won't figure it out. (I guess these voters think corporations can just print money like the Fed or something). So the Dems always use this as a way to fool voters into voting for them.

Why, oh why, don't the Republicans ever nail them on that in a debate or anywhere else? The tax and spend Democrats get away with treating low and middle income people the worst by using a policy that low information voters see as a great thing because they never think it through.

It pisses me off every time I see a Republican let a Democrat get away with this scam.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Twitter Doesn't Want People to Know the Detroit News Endorsed Republican John James for Senate

On Thursday, The Detroit News endorsed Republican John James over incumbent Democrat Gary Peters for U.S. Senate.
“It is an honor to have the endorsement of one of Michigan’s most prestigious and well-read publications,” James said in response to the endorsement. “Our state and nation are currently at a crossroads, and Michigan has the choice between a combat veteran or a career politician, a war fighter or a gaslighter. It’s time for Michigan to have effective leadership in the Senate where no voice will be left out.”
It appears that Twitter isn’t too happy about this endorsement and is warning users who attempt to share it that headlines “don’t tell the full story.” The platform suggests that users read the article before they retweet it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Watch: BLM Occupies Seattle Trader Joe’s Demanding 15 Percent to Black Communities

Black Lives Matter protesters pushed their way into a Seattle Trader Joe’s demanding the company give “15 percent at least.” The group has repeated the tactic of harassing the store’s staff and customers over the past few months.
A video tweeted Thursday night shows a large group of BLM activists entering a Seattle Trader Joe’s store. They chanted and beat drums as they marched through the grocery chain location.
The marchers chanted demands that the store donate “15 percent at least” to the Black community. They went on to harass customers and store employees, demanding they join the cause.

My comment. Also known as a protection racket.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Watch: BLM Occupies Seattle Trader Joe’s Demanding 15 Percent to Black Communities

Black Lives Matter protesters pushed their way into a Seattle Trader Joe’s demanding the company give “15 percent at least.” The group has repeated the tactic of harassing the store’s staff and customers over the past few months.
A video tweeted Thursday night shows a large group of BLM activists entering a Seattle Trader Joe’s store. They chanted and beat drums as they marched through the grocery chain location.
The marchers chanted demands that the store donate “15 percent at least” to the Black community. They went on to harass customers and store employees, demanding they join the cause.

If the agencies involved weren't either corrupt or scared, RICO act indictments would be forthcoming.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
In Oregon which has had 100% vote by mail for ~20 years, signature matching is featured as a main contributors to the security of the system. So by Oregon standards, Pennsylvania's system is insecure. By Pennsylvania's standards, Oregon is disenfranchising eligible voters. Another example of what the libs do to any system that doesn't give them what they want: Destroy it.

Oregon says: The voter’s signature on the ballot envelope is checked by trained staff against the voter registration signature. If it doesn’t match, the voter is notified and they have 14 days after the election to provide a matching signature. A forged signature can carry a penalty of up to five years in prison as a class C felony.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Me thinks PA may just be the first contested lawsuit. How can any sane person think that’s gonna end well?

I’m actually from there originally but glad I got out 43years ago. Democrat unions destroyed the place.
Well, I do not think it will be the first lawsuit. I remember seeing the PA governor on an interview stating that "We will be lucky to have all the votes counted by Thanksgiving". PA cannot even start counting votes until the election is over. Looks like it will be awhile, and you think things are bad now.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sudan-Israel relations agreed, Donald Trump announces

Sudan is to normalise relations with Israel, US President Donald Trump says - the latest in a series of Arab League countries to do so.

There had been growing speculation Sudan would announce ties in return for being removed from the US list of state sponsors of terrorism.

Sudan had been a foe of Israel since the latter's founding in 1948.

It comes weeks after similar moves by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain.

The two Gulf states became the first in the Middle East to recognise Israel in 26 years.

Jordan signed a peace deal with Israel in 1994, and Egypt in 1979. Mauritania, an African Arab League member, recognised Israel in 2009 but severed ties 10 years later.

The growing number of Arab countries formalising relations with Israel has been condemned by the Palestinians, who see it as a betrayal of their cause.

My Comment: President Trump, you magnificent bastard.
This is one of many reasons why Trump gets the Christian vote, hands down...Believe me the Arabs are all terrified of Iran, Israel and the U.S. is their only hope...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^^ In an ideal world, you are absolutely correct. The problem becomes that the Court is staffed with humans who, no matter how hard they try, still have their opinions and biases traveling with them throughout their lives. If they follow the Constitution, as written that's what I think makes a good Justice. When they say, well it could mean this after doing 50 pages of legal mumbo jumbo, to get around what the Constitution says is the big problem.
Hate to break this news but there will be a time (maybe sooner than we think), and if the destruction of the world does not come first, where AI will possibly replace or definitely assist humans when it comes to law decisions.
You would be amazed how much AI presently plays a Huge part of many decisions in today's world.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Give Me, Give Me, Give Me :(