US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
I know the VP isn't required to salute
I have no idea who is 'required' to salute. But if someone in uniform was to salute me, I certainly would salute back. Those soldiers are showing respect and she should show that same respect back.

Also, the President is the Commander-in-chief of the armed forces. Does the VP have some sort of similar title? Or are the soldiers saluting because they know who is really calling the shots in this administration?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Leftists Scramble to Delete Tweets After Falsely Claiming Boulder Mass Shooter Was White\

Feverishly pushed fake news to amplify “white supremacy” moral panic.
Leftists across Twitter, many of them journalists, scrambled to delete tweets after they falsely claimed the Boulder mass shooter, an Islamist from Syria who reportedly had ISIS sympathies, was “white.”
Earlier today, the gunman was revealed as Ahmad Al-Issa, a migrant from Syria who routinely complained about Donald Trump, “racism” and “Islamophobia” on his Facebook page, which was swiftly deleted.
Other reports also suggest that Al-Issa had ISIS sympathies and had planned to return to Syria.
However, innumerable journalists and other leftist commentators were embarrassed after prematurely claiming that the gunman was white in an effort to amplify their contrived moral panic about “white supremacy.”
“In America, if you’re white, no matter how many people you kill you’ll be taken into custody alive,” tweeted author John Pavlovitz. “We really need to ban angry white guys with guns,” he added before deleting both tweets.
BLM activist Meena Harris also deleted a tweet that screeched, “White men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country.”
Twitter allows verified users like @meenaharris to peddle wild disinformation about shootings/terror attacks in real time.
If I did this, I’d be suspended immediately. pic.twitter.com/dJHqyPazgG
— Raheem Kassam (@RaheemKassam) March 23, 2021
In her follow up explanation, Harris said, “I made an assumption based on his being taken into custody alive and the fact that the majority of mass shootings in the U.S. are carried out by white men.”
I deleted a previous tweet about the suspect in the Boulder shooting. I made an assumption based on his being taken into custody alive and the fact that the majority of mass shootings in the U.S. are carried out by white men.
— Meena Harris (@meenaharris) March 23, 2021
This is obviously an attempt to imply that whites are overrepresented in mass shootings, despite the fact that, according to Statista, “Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole.”
Statista: "Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole." pic.twitter.com/oTYkIY39og
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) March 23, 2021
Twitter itself also spread misinformation by featuring a trending panel which described the Boulder shooter as a white male.
The "white" guy who is called Ahmad. pic.twitter.com/obP0k3xU6G

More at the link: Leftists Scramble to Delete Tweets After Falsely Claiming Boulder Mass Shooter Was White – Summit News

My Comment: The leftwing media in this country keeps sinking further and further down into the abyss. What a shame to see.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
BREAKING: BLM Protesters Mob Store, Trapping 100 Customers Inside: ‘We’re Shutting S*** Down!’

Black Lives Matter protesters in Rochester, New York, mobbed a Wegmans grocery store on Tuesday afternoon, trapping an estimated 100 customers inside.
Video shows protesters chanting “Black Lives Matter” and referring to Daniel Prude, a black man who died about week after a viral encounter with the Rochester Police Department. The state’s Democratic Attorney General announced last month that a grand jury will not seek charges against officers involved in the incident.
Before heading to the grocery store, protesters yelled, “We have a long walk today, we’re shutting s*** down,” according to 13WHAM-TV reporter Michael Schwartz...

BLM Protesters Mob Store, Trapping 100 Customers Inside: ‘We’re Shutting S*** Down!’ | The Daily Wire

My Comment: BLM is authorized by the left including Joe Biden. This story will be quickly buried as it does not fit the narrative.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So now diversity is the qualification for key appointments that are critical to National Security and the well being of our Nation. Being able to do the job is no longer important. What a bunch of idiots! That's how the incompetent Mayorkas got his job, not to mention the rest of the Cabinet.