US Elections (& Politics) :)

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
For those who haven’t figured this out, Matt Taibbi spells it out for you.

The US government banning TicTok is all bad. Nothing good about it, and for those who support it because they think that the US Government is actually all of a sudden doing something good for the country’s benefit, you’re either hopelessly naive or terminally stupid.

I'm not for banning just TicTok. I'm for banning all social media. It's more destructive than constructive and not just by a little bit. It has only served the primary purpose of dumbing down America and the west. Unless it can be overhauled I see no redeeming value to change my mind. You cannot convince me that social media has been the bastion of free speech. If anything, someone's thumb is on the scale to pick winners and losers. The move by Elon at X may be the first attempt as overhauling the mess that it is and I applaud his efforts. In addition, I strongly believe that access by children is destructive to their developing minds. I don't believe that everyone has anything worth saying. Some do but a lot should just keep their dumb ass mouths shut and focus on the three R's, American history & the Constitution, and economics. Yeah, I know....some kind of Libertarian I am...LOL!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not for banning just TicTok. I'm for banning all social media. It's more destructive than constructive and not just by a little bit. It has only served the primary purpose of dumbing down America and the west. Unless it can be overhauled I see no redeeming value to change my mind. You cannot convince me that social media has been the bastion of free speech. If anything, someone's thumb is on the scale to pick winners and losers. The move by Elon at X may be the first attempt as overhauling the mess that it is and I applaud his efforts. In addition, I strongly believe that access by children is destructive to their developing minds. I don't believe that everyone has anything worth saying. Some do but a lot should just keep their dumb ass mouths shut and focus on the three R's, American history & the Constitution, and economics. Yeah, I know....some kind of Libertarian I am...LOL!
p.s. here one example of one billion for today alone.

1710528957208.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Blame the retards, not the platform. Everyone has a choice. Might as well ban spoons cuz they make people fat. You give an inch, they take a mile. Before you know it, back to commieville.
The problem is in the numbers. 30% of the population is 100% retarded. And 40% is partially retarded to varying degrees. I don't need for 70% of people to be given easy access (a megaphone and an audience) to broadcast their retardness or act upon it as it hurts a lot of the partially retarded and the unretarded which costs everyone dollars and freedoms. If only 5% of the population were retards then I wouldn't be so concerned. How did we ever survive before social media?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The problem is in the numbers. 30% of the population is 100% retarded. And 40% is partially retarded to varying degrees. I don't need for 70% of people to be given easy access (a megaphone and an audience) to broadcast their retardness or act upon it as it hurts a lot of the partially retarded and the unretarded which costs everyone dollars and freedoms. If only 5% of the population were retards then I wouldn't be so concerned. How did we ever survive before social media?
This is true. We survived just fine, which we should still be able to do. Retards gonna retard and hopefully darwinism takes care of some of that. Survival of the fittest. A lot of the problem lays with where the retards become retarded (whether that be school, bad parenting, etc), if that gets fixed (if), it will trickle down and we should have more un-retarded people after a while. And by retard, I don't mean folks who were dealt a bad hand when born.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey hey hey now, don't ipcamtalk and other discussion forums fall under that umbrella? I don't do FB, IG, X, TikTok or any of the rest of them, but I will fight someone if they target my forums!
I don't know...I'm one of the partially retarded. :winktongue:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the mass majority of those using FB, IG, X and TT wouldn't know a forum if it bit them on the arse. If y'all start posting selfies of your lastest lip injection treatments or tummy tucks then I'm out of here.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I love some social media because WE CAN EXERCISE our 1ST. most precious right backed up
by the 2nd.

An example, I just published on another site how to repair the Parking Aid Speaker in one of my Edges.
I have search diligently for it's location and how to repair it. Today I received a blue print pic. From that
I knew WHERE IT WAS! I have published pics of where and how to fix it for less than $20 the part and
god knows how much labor nor what they messed up this time.