US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No doubt the NRA has big leadership problems, I think Wayne should have gone many years ago. Even if he was straight up, he's no longer the right face for the organization. There are likely others that need to go.

That said, they do support us through ILA and many important legal fights, and I know of no other advocacy group large enough to make an impact as far as 2A is concerned.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Its turning into this...

“S—. I know s—’s bad right now, with all that starving bulls— and we running out of French fries and burrito coverings,” he bellows. “But I got a solution.”
He then proceeds to give his overly simplistic, yet in his mind, completely plausible “3-point plan that will fix everything.”
With no mention of details and a complete disregard forlogic, Camacho marches across the stage, strongly maintaining his position regarding the film’s biggest issue: the dying crops.
He’s going to make them “grow again.”

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as Mr. Biden keeps his hands to himself, there shouldn't be a problem. However, anytime he gets a chance he goes for the pose. Everybody needs to keep an eye on him. Heck, we should take advantage of Dahua's Backdoor and donate some Dahua cameras to the White House :rofl: Again, tell Sleepy Joe to get his hands off all girls of all ages. It's sickening

Mr. Biden is said to be only considering women for the VP position. How is this not sexism? C'mon, woke people. Where is the outrage against discrimination?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its turning into this...
That last one (Metro) was posted Dec. 2016.....
It's obvious the writer couldn't predict how the Trump presidency and policies were going to cause positive records to be set with regard to the economy, unemployment, foreign trade and the stock market. He/she looks pretty foolish now, IMO.
We'll never know how far along we would be right now if COVID-19 had not happened............ :cool:

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
No doubt the NRA has big leadership problems, I think Wayne should have gone many years ago. Even if he was straight up, he's no longer the right face for the organization. There are likely others that need to go.

That said, they do support us through ILA and many important legal fights, and I know of no other advocacy group large enough to make an impact as far as 2A is concerned.
1597110248955.png

and my favorite video of the year so far...

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trump's 'best people'

The Interior Department withheld public documents related to Interior Secretary David Bernhardt ahead of his Senate confirmation, an agency watchdog office concluded in a report made public Tuesday.

While the Interior Department says the move did not violate the law or ethical standards, Democratic lawmakers called it a cover-up to smooth Bernhardt’s April 2019 Senate confirmation and called for a criminal investigation by the Justice Department.

“Not since the Teapot Dome scandal have we seen a more corrupt Interior Department,” Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon and Rep. Raúl Grijalva of Arizona said in a statement, referencing the 1920s corruption scandal. “Political appointees at the agency have put their ideologically-based personal interests over the interests of the American people.”

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trump's 'best people'

The Interior Department withheld public documents related to Interior Secretary David Bernhardt ahead of his Senate confirmation, an agency watchdog office concluded in a report made public Tuesday.

While the Interior Department says the move did not violate the law or ethical standards, Democratic lawmakers called it a cover-up to smooth Bernhardt’s April 2019 Senate confirmation and called for a criminal investigation by the Justice Department.

“Not since the Teapot Dome scandal have we seen a more corrupt Interior Department,” Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon and Rep. Raúl Grijalva of Arizona said in a statement, referencing the 1920s corruption scandal. “Political appointees at the agency have put their ideologically-based personal interests over the interests of the American people.”
Back in the 2016 election, I liked the idea of "draining the swamp." It's a vague enough strategy that I suppose we all project our own vision onto it. My vision included removing people like Berhardt, not bringing more of them in. He sounds like everything I wouldn't want in government, according to this page: