mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
looks interesting, thoughts?

Indiegogo link

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
These have been all over amazon.com for at least a year or so, in various styles. Most seem to not have wifi, so video only goes to a micro SD card. Those which do have wifi, it is unclear to me if they offer an RTSP stream or if you need to give them internet access to stream to the manufacturer's servers.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it is a current indiegogo, it is wifi with streaming, they have $100,000k raised... I cannot post the link dude to number of posts... would appreciate an actual link to the inferior ones for informational purposes...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry this is the one I first found. see comments

in die gogo. com/projects/cam-usb-hidden-surveillance-camera-in-usb-charger#

For some reason the link is getting blocked?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the forum is just trying to do a fancy embed of indiegogo links, and failing. As you noticed, it works if you add the link to a different piece of text.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
see that blank reply above? that was a simple url, here it is with commas replacing the dots and undescores replacing the slashes: https:__www,indiegogo,com_projects_noir-discreet-security-camera-and-usb-charger_

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyway, it clearly states that it saves the video and alerts to the cloud, with no mention of support for standards like ONVIF, so I assume it's cloud-only. And it's "free forever" which just means until the manufacturer goes belly up and it becomes a $59 charging brick. I'd be curious what their long term business model is. They can manufacture these for dollars apiece, that's a no brainier. Setting up the cloud server system and app infrastructure and support takes a bit more money. But what sort of long-term model do they have? My only guess is that the video streams become their property and they can use them for whatever they want, legally or not. A little bit of AI processing could probably make the job of reviewing footage for $ shots pretty easy.

Similar cameras go for $30-40 on Amazon for immediate shipping.

I might be interested in getting one similar to these if I could hook it up to BI. Anybody know of one that supports us? The few I looked at appeared to be cloud only.

Last edited: