Use ipad for installing IP cameras

jh12

n3wb
Reaction score
Is someone using ipad for installing IP cameras in the field? Some dongle? PoE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Wireless with my iPhone and various Android tablets. I'm sure that I've seen POE adapters for the iPads but would be kind of a pain to drag a POE cable around when the cameras and testing areas usually are not anywhere near the switch.

jh12

n3wb
Reaction score
Was thinking up on the ladder aligning etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Same. Many/most camera locations are only going to have one drop. I guess you could go back and forth aligning/checking but easier to just to it real time. I don't see any advantage assuming that you can get a wireless signal.

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was thinking up on the ladder aligning etc.

All my cameras are POE but eventually they end up on my local network which also has wifi available. I use a free baby monitor app on iPhone to look at a camera when I am setting it up.Saves much running around and yelling at others to move the camera or even worse telling the wife how to point it. Obviously a full blown security camera program like BI2 could also be used on your smart phone but for the simple job of aiming & adjusting the baby monitor is just perfect.
Eric

jh12

n3wb
Reaction score
What program is that BI2? Don't seem to find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use my iPhone along with blue iris and or NVR to setup and align all my cams. I go to wifi settings on my iPhone and hit the info button and change the address to static to change the address of my phone so I can access the WebUI of the camera. Set it up on my wifi network then add it to blue iris and my NVR and use either the BI app or iDMSS to align the cam.

Nolesfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score