User blocked

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Because one of my cams was never installed properly I (as a cs strudent) wanted to fix it myself. We have 5 dalhua cams and a dalhua nvr with a 4 tb hdd. Because only 4 ever showed up and the 5the one never was installed propperly I decided to dig around a bit. I we were only given a user account without admin priveleges, so I created my own logged in as 888888, this worked. However for some wierd reason now only 1 of the cams work and the others are now in user locked mode, probs because a wrong admin password ? I do not know the admin password, but guesse its just "admin". How can I fix my other cams so they are no longer locked ? we use the IPC-HDBW4300E-AS cams.

thx for the help

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't know much but once the password is set in the nVR for the cameras it expects that password. If you unplug a camera from power then power it up, it appears on the NVR under remote, but it resets the password to the original (admin). If you don't get the correct password for that camera entered as soon as the camera comes up, it will lock it up. Then you have to unplug it and start over. PIA.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

Because one of my cams was never installed properly I (as a cs strudent) wanted to fix it myself. We have 5 dalhua cams and a dalhua nvr with a 4 tb hdd. Because only 4 ever showed up and the 5the one never was installed propperly I decided to dig around a bit. I we were only given a user account without admin priveleges, so I created my own logged in as 888888, this worked. However for some wierd reason now only 1 of the cams work and the others are now in user locked mode, probs because a wrong admin password ? I do not know the admin password, but guesse its just "admin". How can I fix my other cams so they are no longer locked ? we use the IPC-HDBW4300E-AS cams.

thx for the help
Try to unplug the power wait 5 mins then plug it back in

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't know much but once the password is set in the nVR for the cameras it expects that password. If you unplug a camera from power then power it up, it appears on the NVR under remote, but it resets the password to the original (admin). If you don't get the correct password for that camera entered as soon as the camera comes up, it will lock it up. Then you have to unplug it and start over. PIA.
hi, thx for the replys, I have done a factory reset of the nvr so I now know the admin password, however when I try to configure the cams using the default password "admin" only one works, the same one as before and others are wrong password and then get locked up. So does this mean the cams password that it expects isn't admin for all the cams but only one cam has admin as password ? tryed to unplug and replug but didn't help, I don't really know the passwords that the cams expects so what now ? Do I reset the cams physically by hiitting their reset button or somethig ?

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, thx for the replys, I have done a factory reset of the nvr so I now know the admin password, however when I try to configure the cams using the default password "admin" only one works, the same one as before and others are wrong password and then get locked up. So does this mean the cams password that it expects isn't admin for all the cams but only one cam has admin as password ? tryed to unplug and replug but didn't help, I don't really know the passwords that the cams expects so what now ? Do I reset the cams physically by hiitting their reset button or somethig ?
ok, So the cam that does work, I tried connecting to it using its ip adres and this has admin/admin as password, however the ones that do not work and thus have the wrong credentials the admin/admin does not work and I do not know these passwords , do I have to reset them physically ?

Reaction score
ok, So the cam that does work, I tried connecting to it using its ip adres and this has admin/admin as password, however the ones that do not work and thus have the wrong credentials the admin/admin does not work and I do not know these passwords , do I have to reset them physically ?
Yes. That would be the best way to reset them to factory default. You probably know this, but if not, it must be done via the RESET button inside the camera.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There was an older post that showed how to take one apart but I can't find it. If you get it apart there will only be one tiny button in it to reset. Sometimes it's not obvious. Watch the face of the camera when putting back together. I had some gasket near the lens, make sure it's lined up and hasn't slipped.

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
There was an older post that showed how to take one apart but I can't find it. If you get it apart there will only be one tiny button in it to reset. Sometimes it's not obvious. Watch the face of the camera when putting back together. I had some gasket near the lens, make sure it's lined up and hasn't slipped.
thx for the help, I resetted the cams bith the reset buttom and reconfigered them and they work now.