Using Alarm Output from the IPC

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

i want to use the Alarm Output of my 3356G2 HikVision IP-Cam to trigger a siren.

The alarm should be triggered manually by the user remotely.

But the button to trigger the alarm is not shown in the Hik-Connect App.

If I add the IP-Cam locally (without remote service) to the Hik-Connect App it’s possible to trigger the Alarm (the button is shown) but if I add the IP-Cam for remote using the button to trigger the alarm is not shown.

Do you have any advice for me please…

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well yea, it will work locally or over NVR/DVR. But standalone over hik-connect it wont.Already sent that problem to my hikvision contacts. Itll probably come with some new hik-connect version.

I dont want to suggest dyndns but thats the only solution at the moment.

Cheers

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I‘m also using a NVR in this project but i can‘t use the Alarm Output from the NVR to trigger the Siren (because of the missing wires)

But could it be possible to wire the Output from the NVR directly to the Input of the NVR and link this Input to the Alarm Output of the far away mounted IPC with the connected Siren?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I‘m also using a NVR in this project but i can‘t use the Alarm Output from the NVR to trigger the Siren (because of the missing wires)

But could it be possible to wire the Output from the NVR directly to the Input of the NVR and link this Input to the Alarm Output of the far away mounted IPC with the connected Siren?
You can trigger alarm output from camera using NVR on hik-connect, perhaps you just need firmware upgrade.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I want to use the loudspeaker the Hic-Connect App asked me which one (NVR or Camera) but pressing the Alarm-Button shows only the NVR
Alarm Output.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice support
We are using the NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P and two DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I want to use the loudspeaker the Hic-Connect App asked me which one (NVR or Camera) but pressing the Alarm-Button shows only the NVR
Alarm Output.

To use the i/o on the cameras you need to log into the cameras themselves and use their platform access and put them on your hik-connect account. The NVR's platform access is only for the NVR's post encoded camera feed (in zero channel or not) and the i/o on the NVR.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But when using the camera themselves for the Hik-Connect Service the Button for the Alarm-Output is not shown.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But when using the camera themselves for the Hik-Connect Service the Button for the Alarm-Output is not shown.
did you enable alarm output in the camera?
Configuration → Event → Basic Event → Alarm Output
delay should be set to manual, and manual alarm checked.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can trigger the alarm by using the web interface of the IPC and I can trigger the Alarm output inside the Hik-Connect APP when the IPC is only „locally“ added to the Hik-Connect APP too.

But after adding the IPC „remotely“ and using the Hik-Connect APP again the button disappeared.