Using DB1 when internet is down

Reaction score
Our internet went down this morning, and it turned out that the DB1 doorbell / app would not work then. I had understood that as long as the local network was running it should still function, but this is not the case. Does anyone have ways of having the doorbell still working locally when the internet is down? IFTT, Home Assistant, etc. I would appreciate any examples of people who have actually solved the issue.

cheers,
Sean

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
My doorbells, Uniden DB1, both record when the internet is down. I don't get notifications nor can I access the doorbell recordings until the router comes back on. I have separate modem and router. If they are combined, you might not have access.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's cloud based, ie: Internet Dependent, how could it work when the internet is down? While the internet is up it is a security breach waiting to be accessed.

Reaction score
Thanks, MG. Yes, mine records but not notifications.

Hi Seb, I can think of many ways. On the HA site I have seen people use relays and other methods to send an alert when the button is pressed. That is why I am asking for practical examples.

cheers,
Sean

thendawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what I understand the DB1 can send alarm/event information using ONVIF. If you have a locally hosted NVR/VMS thats recording the DB1 via RTSP, you can also receive these alerts via onvif then send notifications on your local network however you like. Using the Dahua service though, as it is all cloud based, you will not have functionality without internet access.

*EDIT* I just realized I think you might be talking about a diff doorbell, not the Dahua...

Last edited: