Using Hik-Connect mobile app crashes router

erotavlas

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Bell Home Hub 2000 and connected to it via ethernet cable is the NVR from the EKI-Q41T44 4-Channel Value Express Kit.

The issue is sometimes when I open the Hik-Connect app on my mobile phone, and tap to view the live view of the security cameras, the entire home network goes down and my modem reboots itself. So I basically lose everything temporarily (TV and Internet services) until the modem establishes the connections again after rebooting. I called Bell tech support but they are useless for this issue. They did however upgrade the firmware of my modem, however since then the issue occurred again. So I don't think the firmware version had any connection to this issue. One thing I did note was that each time this occurs my phone is connected to the same home network via WIFI.

The only log entry recorded by the router is a warning at the time of the crash

2020-09-07 20:58:31WRNPPPOEConnection to the SERVICES Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

Has anyone heard of this occurring, or any idea why it is happening?

Last edited:

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but it sounds like you need a modem that doesn’t have this problem. Nothing that happens on your home network, phone or whatnot should cause your modem to “fall over.”