Using Laview domes with amcrest NVR

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this possible? I can’t get the amcrest NVR to recognize any of my Laview domes.

Normally it finds them east but even now I’m trying to manually type in the IP assigned and it won’t recognize it.

Thanks for any suggestions

Ps it works perfect in blue iris.

chipjumper

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. I have a Amcrest NV4108 nvr and two new LaView LV-PD514028C domes. The Amcrest NVR can see it after I activated the ONVIF feature within the LaView cameras configuration but it won’t otherwise communicate with the camera.

Attachments

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. I have a Amcrest NV4108 nvr and two new LaView LV-PD514028C domes. The Amcrest NVR can see it after I activated the ONVIF feature within the LaView cameras configuration but it won’t otherwise communicate with the camera.
Where do you activate ONVIF in the cameras UI?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

chipjumper

n3wb
Reaction score
This worked perfectly. I’m so grateful for your feedback thank you!!!!!!
What exactly did you do? I made my cameras "ONVIF" by checking a box and adding an ONVIF user. I then went to the NVR and added the two LaView cameras that auto-populated in the search as ONVIF compatible. I then made sure each camera had the proper ONVIF username and password. It still doesn't work. The NVR sees the cameras but won't go any further. Note that I made the ONVIF username and password the same as the username and password to log into the camera.

ipcam1.jpg ipcam2.jpg

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
B6FDCA5B-D249-484A-BCF3-E22FC846B1FB.jpeg
What exactly did you do? I made my cameras "ONVIF" by checking a box and adding an ONVIF user. I then went to the NVR and added the two LaView cameras that auto-populated in the search as ONVIF compatible. I then made sure each camera had the proper ONVIF username and password. It still doesn't work. The NVR sees the cameras but won't go any further. Note that I made the ONVIF username and password the same as the username and password to log into the camera.

View attachment 46628 View attachment 46629
Here’s a screenshot of my
NVR setup that worked. On the screen shot you attached why is your IP address you’re setting up in the NVR different than the as screenshot of the cam setup? (192.168.4.59 vs 192.168.4.60)?

chipjumper

n3wb
Reaction score
.59 and .60 are identically configured LaView cameras. Did you change the camera resolution? Maybe there is an issue with the Amcrest NVR not being able to do 4MP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chipjumper

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh wow I just walked back to the NVR and it apparently is working fine now. Okay so the issue for me was that even though I checked the box to activate ONVIF, I never added a username and password there.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh wow I just walked back to the NVR and it apparently is working fine now. Okay so the issue for me was that even though I checked the box to activate ONVIF, I never added a username and password there.

Lol. That’s great. Amazing to me how many times I overlook things. But there’s nothing better than the moment you see a live video feed!

chipjumper

n3wb
Reaction score
That is true. I had been remotely logged into the NVR but never physically went to the NVR in the garage. My setup is a mess. I need to mount these cameras and pull cable today. Also need to get crap out of the garage and put the stuff in the basement. Yuck i used to get paid to pull cabling and now I’m doing it for free on my day off...

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is true. I had been remotely logged into the NVR but never physically went to the NVR in the garage. My setup is a mess. I need to mount these cameras and pull cable today. Also need to get crap out of the garage and put the stuff in the basement. Yuck i used to get paid to pull cabling and now I’m doing it for free on my day off...

Lol I hear you. Good luck

Reaction score
This may be a longshot, since Laview is no longer supporting their NVR systems I'm trying to use a Amcrest NVR. I went out to reset the camera with the WPS reset button. I was able to get the Amcrest NVR to now detect the camera. The issue I'm having now is I get this screen asking for what seems to be a password. I tried entering 12345 and admin with no luck. The camera also has a verification code on it and I've tried to enter it but it doesn't work either. Does anyone know what might be the passcode for this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments