using the ip cam app from robert chou

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have been using the tinycam app for years but had tons of issues with keeping the wifi cameras online without dropping out all the time. so i turned off the wifi and wired them hard to a network switch with cat5 cable. they still drop out but not as much. i have a zmodo system on the tiny cam app and that zmodo never drops any cameras. so i got a 16 channel h.264 network dvr and connected 3 cameras the worked on the zmodo dvr to the 16 channel dvr and using tinycam i can not keep these cameras going they drop out more then the ip cams did when they were on the wifi.

so i just added the ipcam basic app and i got the ip cams on it and they hold good and i got the zmodo and the 16 channel h.264 network dvr with 2 cams going and so far it is holding them great. but i have some questions

how do you invert the video in this app i have some upside down cameras and i need to invert the video in the app.

and how many cameras will this app show i have 16 cameras and want to see all of them. tiny cam show all of them now.

outside of the basic app going to adds every minute or so it looks like the app may work better than tinycam.

thanks for the help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
how do you invert the video in this app
Click the >= symbol at the top right of a camera view.
Manage Cameras
Click the camera in question
Edit camera
Click More Options
Rotate Image dropdown at the top of the list, also Mirror image.

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Click the >= symbol at the top right of a camera view.
Manage Cameras
Click the camera in question
Edit camera
Click More Options
Rotate Image dropdown at the top of the list, also Mirror image.
ok i did it and got the camera to rotate. thanks for that i did see that button but never tapped it but it worked. do you know if his app will run 16 cameras on one page so i oult then see all my camera on the same page, mabe small but i can see all of them using tinycam now and like that feature. the think i do not like with tinycam is i can't see the cameras very long on the h.264 network dvr i'm trying to set up. i can get them in the app but the app drops them faster that it did when i had the cameras on wifi. and then most of the time it drops all but 1 camera from that dvr. i have tested about every combination for the settings and port forwarded about every port the modem will let me port and still the same.
but with ip cam app they are rock solid but the free apps will not keep the page up ig jumps to adds in a few minutes and i don't want to pay for it just to find it will not let me use 16 cameras.

but thanks for the help with rotating the image that works.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Excerpt below from the FAQ's here:

"Pro/Upgraded features include audio for some devices, unlimited number of cameras, no ads, record mode, and more."

According to the site, you can contact him directly at robert.chou@gmail.com

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Excerpt below from the FAQ's here:

"Pro/Upgraded features include audio for some devices, unlimited number of cameras, no ads, record mode, and more."

According to the site, you can contact him directly at robert.chou@gmail.com
yes i have made email contact with him thank for that. i figured it will give unlimited cam, tinycan does that also and you get multiple pages what i would like to find out is how many cams per page. tiny cam get up too 25 per page horizontal and 15 vertical. i use a 10" table to monitor my cams and i have 16 so getting them all on a pgas will sure make it better for viewing. thanks